mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

So I am finally setting up to start teaching the welding part of my Ag class for my student teaching. I am going to spend the rest of my time welding. I gave my cooperating teacher a shopping list for rods, wire, gas ect. I was hooking up the new mig welders. They are Millermatic 211 that they bought brand new last year. They had ran a 2 pound spool of ER70S-6 wire through the one machine last year. She had taught them how to mig weld and let them weld with it. I notice the machine had a lot of splatter marks on it for only being a year old. My Hobart 140 at home has half of the splatter marks on it and I have ran about 40 pound of flux core through it. I was hooking up the shielding gas and ask her where the regulator was and she looked at me straight face and said what is that? :o :shock: :? :?: She told me that she never used that bottle and then started complaining about the machines saying how they were junk and didn't run right and all this stuff :roll: Needless to say I told her to add a regulator to the list of things I need. I am totally in shock right now
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt

How I feel right now
Attachments
implied-facepalm1.jpg
implied-facepalm1.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Matt
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Look at it from the bright side, students will worship you once you lay the first bead like no one has done in the last year ;)

AndersK wrote:Look at it from the bright side, students will worship you once you lay the first bead like no one has done in the last year ;)
I never thought of it that way :lol:
Matt
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

mcoe wrote:How I feel right now
Exactly....another teacher that does not have an f-ing clue what they are doing.
Really disgusting...

Have fun with the kiddos -

When I work with kids I say - "Nothing better than fire, sparks, and meltin' stuff - Now lets go get something HOT!!" :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

mcoe wrote:
AndersK wrote:Look at it from the bright side, students will worship you once you lay the first bead like no one has done in the last year ;)
I never thought of it that way :lol:
Yeah just think, no matter how bad you are you will still be good in the students eyes ;)
-Jonathan

MinnesotaDave wrote:
mcoe wrote:How I feel right now
......Now lets go get something HOT!!" :D
OK ;)
-Jonathan
lazerbeam
    Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 am

Hey, I got my first welding experience in Ag. Mechanics and liked it so much that I majored in Ag. Ed. and taught Ag. Mechanics for 32 years. I teach welding part-time at a community college now and I can relate to what you are saying. Some of it is bad info, some is bad training and some of it is just dangerous. On the positive side there are some really good instructors out there, but most of the training did not happen in the teacher ed. programs.

Good luck on your student teaching!

Kevin

I think that's great your gonna be able to teach the children the right way to weld. My only concern is who's gonna teach you so you can teach them :lol: Tony

Superiorwelding wrote:I think that's great your gonna be able to teach the children the right way to weld. My only concern is who's gonna teach you so you can teach them :lol: Tony
Apparently I need to sign out of the office computer during the day :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hahahahah forum hack. Lol

Mick