mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Rider
    Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:59 pm

I,m looking to get a bigger Mig like a miller 252 or 350P But I've also looked a some XMTs what wire feeder would I have to use to be able to pulse weld aluminum? would I have to or could I use a spool gun or a push pull gun on the lower end models ?
Rider

Hi rider here
Sorry for asking a dumb questions, or should I say a questions I could get the answers to myself ,!!!
I have answered most all my questions!! But if anybody has experience with the Miller optima pulse controllers please drop me a Line!!! Hope to share welding and welding projects in the future !!
Thanks Rider
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Rider,
Sorry we didn't get to your question sooner. You say you answered most of your questions already. What machine did you decide on and what other features were you wanting? Did you write off the 252 and 350P? I have no experience with Optima Pulse but is seems like it is just a synergic controler but I will look more into that.
-Jonathan
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I have the 350p. Really nice arc.
Rider

What I learned was that The XMTs 350 need a miller optima pulse controller!! which, I new a bout the 304s , but thought that all 350s had it built in!! NOT!! only MPAs have it! Plus I would most likely need MPA feeder too with a push pull gun or spool gun( kinda figured that) So the money just keeps adding up !! LOL I also learned That I can change a 30A spool gun into a push pull gun !! Good thing !! Plus some other little things, I was not totally sure of !! But looks like a 350P is what might fit my budget with spool gun !!
rider