mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
rlnelson5
    Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi am looking to upgrade to a 220v 250 amp mig welder Sold my 110 v Millermatic 130 .
have budget @2k
Considering the following welders.
Weldsmart 250Amp Synergic Double Pulse Mig ,@ 1700
Everlast Poweri-MIG 250 MIG Stick Welder@ 1400,
LONGEVITY Migweld 250p 250 Amp Pulse Mig Welder @1600
and the Hobart Ironman 230 . @1500
All are within the 2k limit Would like a miller 252 or Lincoln 256 but out of price range at 2500 or more .
The Weldsmart is similar to the longevity 250 mp with all the menu functions that change with different weld settings pulse and double pulse,burnback ect
Longevity 250 p has less electronic control's but more controls ; 6 and has burn back . So does the Everlast
All have infinite adjustment of amps and wpi with digital readout
and all have pulse except Hobart
Hobart is very simple with just 2 controls for 10 power taps and wire speed
The Weldsmart has a 18 mo warranty the Everlast has a 5 yr the longevity has a 3 yr and I think the Hobart is 3 also. Anything to stay away from? Recommendations? Any advice?
Have a Miller Syncrowave 250 so have tig/ stick capability already,
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

rlnelson5 wrote:Hi am looking to upgrade to a 220v 250 amp mig welder Sold my 110 v Millermatic 130 .
have budget @2k
Considering the following welders.
Weldsmart 250Amp Synergic Double Pulse Mig ,@ 1700
Everlast Poweri-MIG 250 MIG Stick Welder@ 1400,
LONGEVITY Migweld 250p 250 Amp Pulse Mig Welder @1600
and the Hobart Ironman 230 . @1500
All are within the 2k limit Would like a miller 252 or Lincoln 256 but out of price range at 2500 or more .
The Weldsmart is similar to the longevity 250 mp with all the menu functions that change with different weld settings pulse and double pulse,burnback ect
Longevity 250 p has less electronic control's but more controls ; 6 and has burn back . So does the Everlast
All have infinite adjustment of amps and wpi with digital readout
and all have pulse except Hobart
Hobart is very simple with just 2 controls for 10 power taps and wire speed
The Weldsmart has a 18 mo warranty the Everlast has a 5 yr the longevity has a 3 yr and I think the Hobart is 3 also. Anything to stay away from? Recommendations? Any advice?
Have a Miller Syncrowave 250 so have tig/ stick capability already,

Go for the ironman 230.
The package with the 20' spool gun is under 2k.

Skip the cheap imports, and get a good reliable machine.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Agreed. Mig machine with too many features will confuse the hell out of you, and you may not even be able to take advantage.
rlnelson5

Where have you seen the Ironman 230 with spool for under 2k?
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I am partial to the Miller 252...I love mine...If it was me, I would wait and save up the money for the 252 unless you are in dire need....you won't be sorry.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

I guess prices have gone up since I last looked at them.
I remember seeing them at $1,799.
Here one from northern tool for 2,089, free shipping.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbhi ... e6E48IfiQ-

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
rlnelson5

Thanks for reply. once we get into the 2k Plus that opens up other ones, such as the Miller 252 at 2345 with 100 rebate or the Lincoln 256 with 200 rebate at 2449 . The nice thing, I have going is that i sold my Millermatic 130 for 500 which goes for the welder. I have been working a second job as a handyman helping a guy rehab his duplex after work. Been working since Nov 24, 14 part time @12=15 hrs week 25 hr. I now have a pot of @ 4500 :D that I will cash in on once the rental person moves in next week. I'm going to replace my welder and possibly get a plasma cutter and a tool box and some metal fabrication stuff from swag offroad. Nice to have a stash to play with.

So, being that your getting close Miller 252 and Lincoln 256, price wise, here's some things about them.

If your gonna be welding a lot of aluminum, go for the Miller 252 and 30a spool gun.

If your gonna be doing a lot of mig, spray, and duelshield, go for the Lincoln 256.

IMO,
~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote:So, being that your getting close Miller 252 and Lincoln 256, price wise, here's some things about them.

If your gonna be welding a lot of aluminum, go for the Miller 252 and 30a spool gun.

If your gonna be doing a lot of mig, spray, and duelshield, go for the Lincoln 256.

IMO,
~John
John,
Curious to know how you base that conclusion??
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:So, being that your getting close Miller 252 and Lincoln 256, price wise, here's some things about them.

IMO,
~John
John,
Curious to know how you base that conclusion??
-Jonathan

Listening to some real weldors talk about them..... ;)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

SNAP! :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
rlnelson5

Hello little update. I have sold my little mig and am now looking for a new welder I have looked at many welders online and thought I would check out my local welding store I saw the same guy Pat who helped me set up my syncromate 250 many years ago I told him about looking for a250 amp mig and he recommended the Miller 252 I asked him about price and he said he could get it for me at 1950 . From my research that seems to be a great price. Should I jump on this?

rlnelson5 wrote:Hello little update. I have sold my little mig and am now looking for a new welder I have looked at many welders online and thought I would check out my local welding store I saw the same guy Pat who helped me set up my syncromate 250 many years ago I told him about looking for a250 amp mig and he recommended the Miller 252 I asked him about price and he said he could get it for me at 1950 . From my research that seems to be a great price. Should I jump on this?

That's a very good price, I'd go for it!! :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Jump on it. I paid $2100 for mine a few years ago. You will love that machine.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Excellent machine, great price.

I'd take it.

Steve S