mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Moparman
    Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi, welded some grill gaurd brackets on and forgot to turn c25 on. Thought something was a little off but still laid down a pretty good bead. Found out afterwards when I was shutting gas off that it was already off. Beat the hell out of brackets and my weld held just fine. Should I be worried or can you get a decent weld without gas. Also if you're wonder why I didn't notice , been awhile since I've had to weld and I just kept telling myself "eh it's supposed to be that way" won't happen again though
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Me I would grind them out and do it over. The gas is there for a reason. No way those welds are as strong as the are supposed to be. I would bet they are filled with porosity underneath.
Multimatic 255
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

LOL is all from me.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Diesel
    Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Definitely redo them. Not sure how you didn't notice the porosity before you were done. Especially with them being around a grill.
Country isn't country unless it's classic.
hunterwheeler16
    Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 am

The info is good to know...
Timmontoya88
    Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am

From what I've noticed the arc run completely different, I notice it the first second.
Moparman
    Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Weldmongers reply was super helpful so thanks for that. Its holding really good and the welds looked pretty good but I will take the advice and grind em down and reweld. thanks
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Moparman wrote:Weldmongers reply was super helpful so thanks for that. Its holding really good and the welds looked pretty good but I will take the advice and grind em down and reweld. thanks
You're making the right call - watch while you grind and I'm sure you'll see the porosity.
Good luck and post pics :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

My OCD is limited to turning gas off every time I walk past. Then I sometimes forget to turn it on. I've done it too many times. The weld is ugly! It can't be strong