What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

I manually pulse with the foot pedal sometimes. It is like using the wawa pedal for a guitar and it has a wawa sound sort of. The light never goes out is the only difference. Floor (or almost) the pedal for the max amps and back off to around half amps as you move the torch. It buys you a little time between puddles. I lay the torch down quite a bit in forward travel as I wash out of each puddle onto the next which is why they are so shiny.

The hardest part is getting someone to focus on penetration. It really irks me how many people take that for granted with aluminum, and is the condition for probably 80% of the repairs I have to do on others work.

Perfect example. The easiest joint to do in aluminum is an open corner weld. This is what happens when people don't understand the keyhole and penetration, or just don't care past pay day. This happened on 10 of these 300 gallon diesel tanks. When I prepped it for rewelding, I barely hit it with the milk wheel and I could still see the unwelded inside corners of 11 gauge. I mean, how the heck do you not penetrate an open corner on 11 gauge?

Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The scary part is, This guy thinks he's a weldor because his beads look decent. He'll continue to get payed to make work for you.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:The scary part is, This guy thinks he's a weldor because his beads look decent. He'll continue to get payed to make work for you.
I'd be completely ashamed of myself. We all make mistakes but this was shameless. As a matter of fact, if it was my work, I would have insisted on fixing it free of charge and would have died thinking another welder had to fix it, never mind see it.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.