What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

think you are welding badly. This ought to make you feel a LOT better. I had to wonder if whoever welded this was drunk. This was welded with a rather new syncrowave 350. I could close my eyes and weld 100x better than this by sound alone, and that's no lie.

Ok, so it's a somewhat harder place to get to. But then you look at the easy side. . . .Yes, that's bondo. LOL
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

What is it?
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

It's a radar mast for a 60 ft yacht. They brought it to me to make a hinge base for it so it can be folded in the event the boat has to go over land. I had to essentially rework the whole thing. All the angles were wrong. Then after it was done, they crudely modeled some ladder bracing out of pvc pipe and brought those to me to ermmmm. . . .copy. Then I had to go fit them at the boat.

Here is the hinge.

I left enough of a gap to place nylon washers between the moving parts, grease zerks etc.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

So,...if a grinder and paint make a welder what he ain't,....what does BONDO make him? LOL
An Artisan?

Nice work on those hinges BTW!
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set