What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 am

Hi all, hope everyone's been well. Slow day today so I thought I would pop in and post a couple farm projects. :?

I have a toolbox I lug around to work on small tractors around the farm - mostly for tune-ups and minor fixes. I used to wheel it around on an old power washer frame (see below), but it was always a pain in the butt. The toolbox slides around, drawers don't open while it's on the cart, only two wheels... it's just no good:

I wanted something resembling a wagon, but compact so it didn't take up much floor space in my small shop. I made the bed the same width as the toolbox, but longer to accommodate a kind of basket area up front:

No cringing allowed... but this is mostly bed frame pieces boogered together with a 110 fluxcore "mig" welder. Don't worry, I won't take it on the road :lol:

I picked up some flat-free wheels from Northern Tool when they were on sale, and modeled the steering after one of the kids' wagons:

Grinder and paint:

1/2' plywood deck:

And voila!

It was a tighter fit than I planned on, but I managed to get the toolbox wedged in there. I put a bunch of lids from empty welding rod boxes up in the basket area to hold misc. stuff. I'm super happy with how this turned out and it's been a nice step up from the old junk cart!

Aaron W
    Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 pm

That is a neat and handy looking cart. Little projects like that are the kind of simple things I'm beginning to love owning a welder for and wonder how I got along without one for so long.

I've got a garden cart from Tractor Supply that has been used way beyond paying back its $90 cost. I think some dismiss the utility of "little red wagons" but I've my cart to move sacks of concrete, as an adhoc welding cart (until I finish my real welding cart), loaded tool bags so I can get everything there in one trip instead of multiple trips and and even moved several heavy machines into my shop with it.
    Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 am

Aaron W wrote:That is a neat and handy looking cart. Little projects like that are the kind of simple things I'm beginning to love owning a welder for and wonder how I got along without one for so long.

I've got a garden cart from Tractor Supply that has been used way beyond paying back its $90 cost. I think some dismiss the utility of "little red wagons" but I've my cart to move sacks of concrete, as an adhoc welding cart (until I finish my real welding cart), loaded tool bags so I can get everything there in one trip instead of multiple trips and and even moved several heavy machines into my shop with it.
I'm right there with you. I've been on a mission to put as many things on wheels as I can. Some days I spend as much time walking between buildings and equipment (to get tools, battery chargers, etc.) as I do actually working on the equipment. Also - flat free wheels. Any chance I get, I swap out the old pneumatics. Except for the wheel barrows. I do appreciate a little bounce on those.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I have a washer trolley for my welder cart. It's not to bad, but I don't have to go out of the shed
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I wanna see how bad it really is.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Coldman wrote:I wanna see how bad it really is.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk