What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bill250r
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm

This is a simple signpost project that me and my girlfriend made for a relative. I made the signpost and my girlfriend made the sign.
The signpost was made from 1 1/4" tubing and the sign is made from pine then tole painted.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (206.89 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
82.jpg
82.jpg (238.39 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

It may be "simple", but it looks great!

Fitting to curves isn't that simple if it's not your everyday gig.

Nice work!

Steve S

And the art on the sign is A-one! (I re-read and realized this was a partnership project!)
BDoubleU

Agreed - nice work, looks great! And, thanks for the idea ... Always looking for gift options & I prefer those that are welded :)
weldfusion.com
Bill250r

Thanks for the replies . actually I don't have a jig or a bender for square tubing only for pipe . so I had to do it the old way and cut 3 sides bend it then weld it . interesting to say the least....
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Nice job
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Nicely done.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.

Wow! That curve was done by cutting and closing notches? I wouldn't have guessed from the pictures. The curve appears smooth.

Steve S
Bill250r

Hey steve..
Yes infact I did cut 3 sides got the radius that was as close as I got get, then welded them back together and ground them down prettyclose to flush. I then put a sanding disk on my grinder and countinued till it was pretty much flush. Having way to much time on my hands ( haha) I then filed the rest smooth fixing any inperfections as I went. People said I was not right inthe head, and im sure they are prob right ha, but I just wanted to see if I could do it. When I finially got it finished no one believed me that I had done it that way . I still see some little flaws with it but for whats it is I guess its okay. This is the 2nd one we made first one was a christmas presents for my parents , that one was for a relative who payed for materials. She got a good deal as if I charged her for the time she would have had to re-mortgage her house... Anywho first one I did required 72 cuts to get the right bend . The one in the pic around 24 I think ,,, one per inch

Sorry for the long drawn out response .
I have made a arbor will try to get pics once the snow decides to leave for good

Bill..

Bill250r wrote:Hey steve..
...I still see some little flaws with it but for whats it is I guess its okay...
I've said it before...

We like to call ourselves craftsmen, so we tend to be our own worst critics.

I see flaws in my work a CWI will miss... :roll:

Steve S