What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
camlott55
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Tell me where I went wrong and any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.
I was using 6010 at about 95 amps...
Attachments
20140121_140858.jpg
20140121_140858.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

camlott55 wrote:Tell me where I went wrong and any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.
The only thing I see wrong is you aren't "welding".
"Weld" two pieces of metal together and show both sides after you're done.
ksmrf
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Travel speed and timing
Maybe a little cold on the second one
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
you aint gotta eat it
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

camlott55 wrote:Tell me where I went wrong and any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.
Practice, practice, practice, take a look at Jody's video on running beads on a flat stock just like you are. Rod angle and speed and watch the puddle forming behind the arc and try to keep it as constant in size, width and height. Also keep an eye on the length of your arc, looks a bit like your long arcing a bit but that gets better with practice

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/stick-welding.html
Marc. Aussie on the loose
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

camlot55, this should help you considerably....

http://welding-tv.com/2013/11/05/6010-pad-beads/

Go get 10 more lbs and start burning rod.

have fun,

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
wquiles
    Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 am

Marc Godwin wrote: Practice, practice, practice, take a look at Jody's video on running beads on a flat stock just like you are. Rod angle and speed and watch the puddle forming behind the arc and try to keep it as constant in size, width and height. Also keep an eye on the length of your arc, looks a bit like your long arcing a bit but that gets better with practice

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/stick-welding.html
+1

I watched lots of Jody's videos, and still do the night before I weld - as mental refresher.
Bulldog2010
    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

How hard will it be to start tig welding? For a man that has been welding for 12 years stick and mig

Bulldog2010 wrote:How hard will it be to start tig welding? For a man that has been welding for 12 years stick and mig
I found it quite quick took me about a week to stop dipping the tungsten, but it is all about practice and more practice. Really helpfull if you have your own machine and also a foot pedal as I learnt with just a hand piece and it was not easy as the work piece kept overheating.
Suggest you watch all Jody's tig videos first then get plenty tungsten on hand and a bench grinder/ sander to clean the tungstens when dipped.
Bulldog2010
    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks Man for talking to me about this. I have been watching tig videos. Ill be shore to get a lot of supplys befor I start tiging.I was going to ask about hand controls are foot controls to learn to tig. So I would say foot controls would be the best to star with. Thanks again

Bulldog2010 wrote:Thanks Man for talking to me about this. I have been watching tig videos. Ill be shore to get a lot of supplys befor I start tiging.I was going to ask about hand controls are foot controls to learn to tig. So I would say foot controls would be the best to star with. Thanks again
Also, make sure you have acetone fir cleaning aluminium before starting as it has a lot of oxides on it and it will give you greef at the beginning.
Look around for pads fir your disc grinder that look like scotch bright pads as they are good for cleaning any surface crap also,,
Make sure you clean everything nice and shiny otherwise you will wonder what the hell is going on with the inclusions in your welds.
ksmrf
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

I do.t know if im any good at Tigging but im a master at grinding tungston

you aint gotta eat it
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

ksmrf wrote:I do.t know if im any good at Tigging but im a master at grinding tungston

LOL!
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:
ksmrf wrote:I do.t know if im any good at Tigging but im a master at grinding tungston

LOL!

Very true, in a lot of cases ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024