What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bugel
    Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

The base is a rim from a 10 wheeler dump truck..

Set my mig to max power..dont know the voltage my welder has no digital read out..

Bugel

Bugel

I cant see any logic installing two vises in one stand..but the client want it that way..

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

That is truly different and awesome! You have that Mig like Tig down don't you!!
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice stand Bugel!!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Nice, I like the second vise!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
Bugel

Superiorwelding wrote:That is truly different and awesome! You have that Mig like Tig down don't you!!
-Jonathan
Hi jonathan..thanks! I think this is the result of watching jody's channel in you tube..really very helpfull to a newbie like me :D
Bugel

Question to everybody..can i ran stainless mig wire in 75/25 shielding gas..i been looking for a trimix gas here in my area unfortunately there is no one selling here..they didn't even know what it is :shock:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes, you can do 308 & 309 wire with 75/25. Youll get more spatter, and you'll have to set your machine hotter. The finished weld will tend to have a grey appearance from the amount of CO2, which may take a little extra effort with a wire wheel to make shiny.

It's not the best way to do it, but it may be the best way available to you.

Your LWS needs to wake up a bit, I think.

Steve S

Here's my pipe stands I built a while ago.
That's a 1/4in steel plate setting on top of those brake drums.
Welded on with 6013.....

I've seen lots of things welded to brake drums....

Got to get fusion.

~John
IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG (172.29 KiB) Viewed 7344 times
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG (146.95 KiB) Viewed 7344 times
IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2704.JPG (180.95 KiB) Viewed 7344 times

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Don't leave them outside AK - the wind may blow the uprights off those welds - we've talked about this before - 6013 - what were you thinking about ! - was there a WPS for those stands ? - I doubt they'll pass any code let alone a SWL test - what were they meant to hold up ? maybe conduit ? !!
    Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:01 am

AKweldshop wrote:
Got to get fusion.

~John
IMG_2702.JPG
Looks like a good place to rest your beer arm of the BBQ is running a bit long. :drinkup:

noddybrian wrote:Don't leave them outside AK - the wind may blow the uprights off those welds - we've talked about this before - 6013 - what were you thinking about ! - was there a WPS for those stands ? - I doubt they'll pass any code let alone a SWL test - what were they meant to hold up ? maybe conduit ? !!
Hey, I have noticed John is welding more things with 6013 lately, maybe we have finally converted him :o

Those stands look great, I never really considered using brake drums for the various thing I get to see posted on here.
-Jonathan
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I never used brake drums - but over the years I made a few stands from truck wheel rims - most the ones for 10.00 * 20's or trailer 22.5's - they work pretty well & weld easily - ( I may have used devil rods ! )

Not sure we about AK suddenly admitting to using 6013 - may he's just "coming out " ! - there's no shame in using them - & he is doing mostly farming stuff - so why not ! ( just don't need to see many more bulls testicles though ! )

I liked the portable vice - I might do something similar - you do get to see some interesting ideas here.

noddybrian wrote:I never used brake drums - but over the years I made a few stands from truck wheel rims - most the ones for 10.00 * 20's or trailer 22.5's - they work pretty well & weld easily - ( I may have used devil rods ! )

Not sure we about AK suddenly admitting to using 6013 - may he's just "coming out " ! - there's no shame in using them - & he is doing mostly farming stuff - so why not ! ( just don't need to see many more bulls testicles though ! )

I liked the portable vice - I might do something similar - you do get to see some interesting ideas here.

noddy,
I have a second castrating video, I haven't uploaded yet....
Much improved version....

BTW,
I welded those stands several years ago, and its still standing.... I know, right???
I work on conduit....

I've had up to 100lbs on them....
They are a very handy tool.

But don't worry,
I'll never use 6013 again....
Unless, I come up with this magic rod you guys harp about, that can turn any bum into a 6013 master....

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

I am just struck by how dumb I can be.

I work with a lot of 4m and 8m lengths of steel, quite light usually, max 90mm square hollow section, and it sticks out of my shop roller door and I rest it on a roller stand, or on saw horses, or in a jaw horse.

All of these are a nuisance: the steel slips when I don't want it to, or won't advance when I pull on it, or it is not steady when I am trying to cut it.

But that vise on a stand is a great idea. I've always had my vises mounted on benches or other work tops (rolling steel-top welding table). But a robust, 150mm vise on a stable base that I can move quite easily is just a super idea.

Great idea, and good welding, too. Well done, and thanks.

PS How is the second vise used by your client?
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Bugel, ask for 98% Argon, 2% O2.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Cool project and nice welds.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
Bugel

AnvilJack wrote:I am just struck by how dumb I can be.

I work with a lot of 4m and 8m lengths of steel, quite light usually, max 90mm square hollow section, and it sticks out of my shop roller door and I rest it on a roller stand, or on saw horses, or in a jaw horse.

All of these are a nuisance: the steel slips when I don't want it to, or won't advance when I pull on it, or it is not steady when I am trying to cut it.

But that vise on a stand is a great idea. I've always had my vises mounted on benches or other work tops (rolling steel-top welding table). But a robust, 150mm vise on a stable base that I can move quite easily is just a super idea.

Great idea, and good welding, too. Well done, and thanks.

PS How is the second vise used by your client?
I really dont know how he used the second vise..maybe he use it while sitting in a chair doing something..
Bugel

Cope wrote:Bugel, ask for 98% Argon, 2% O2.
Thanks cope,one of these days i will ask my supplier if they have that kind of gas mix.
Bugel

TamJeff wrote:Cool project and nice welds.
Thanks TAmJeff :)
crazycarl
    Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 am

would someone give me "Jodys" channel on YOUTUBE??? I need more inspiration?

crazycarl wrote:would someone give me "Jodys" channel on YOUTUBE??? I need more inspiration?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq70A ... ApS_m_6mPw
-Jonathan
crazycarl
    Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 am

Superiorwelding wrote:
crazycarl wrote:would someone give me "Jodys" channel on YOUTUBE??? I need more inspiration?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq70A ... ApS_m_6mPw
-Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan!