What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Burley Industries
    Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

tungstendipper wrote:You're a true craftsman. What a fine job. your finish work is impeccable!
Thank you! Those are very kind words and much appreciated.
pgk wrote:Why are you selling such a beautiful table? Awesome job man....
Thank you also. I just went full time about a month ago and this is me trying to niche down what I want to do. I've been taking on everything that I can from offroad fab to art to this industrial furniture. This is what I really enjoy the most so far.

Pete[/quote]
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Have you considered selling on Etsy? It's a selling site for makers
Burley Industries

weldin mike 27 wrote:Have you considered selling on Etsy? It's a selling site for makers

I thought about etsy but two things give me pause. First is I would like to sell it local. Second is it weighs a ridiculous amount. Shipping really isn't an option. I'll have to look into if there is a local pickup option only.
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Fair enough. Although, on the cost of shipping, sometimes, as a persons wallet size increases, their care factor for incidentals decreases.
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Well Jake! If that's what you are enjoying the most I would stick with it, you obviously have a knack for it. I know paying the bills comes first so initially you may have to take what you can get for work, but once word of mouth gets around on this type of furniture you may find a nice knitch.. Hell if lived near you I'd buy that table, maybe I missed it what is the table size?
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Burley Industries

The table measures 6'x3'. I completely agree about taking on everything that comes in the door, and for the most part I have been. Just this weekend I've decidedto make a big change to the layout in my shop. I'm splitting the metal the metal and wood areas to opposite ends of the shop. Before it was a hodgepodge of wood and metal everywhere as I slowly acquired more woodworking tools.
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Smart move on separating the two, saw dust and welding don't mix to well. lol
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
icedevil
    Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:44 pm

table looks great! Question for you - what are the rivets you used? do you have a source? are they glued in place somehow? I have considered shaker bolts for the next project but am open to other alternatives
Burley Industries

icedevil wrote:table looks great! Question for you - what are the rivets you used? do you have a source? are they glued in place somehow? I have considered shaker bolts for the next project but am open to other alternatives

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been on for awhile. The rivets start out as carriage bolts. I chuck them up in the drill and smooth the head on the belt sander with the drill spinning. I then cut the threads off leaving the square shoulder. I drill a hole in the plate large enough for the square shoulder to fit in snugly, centering the 'rivet'. I plug weld the back side and grind smooth. The heat from the weld (tig in my case) darkens the bolt head (rivet). It is time consuming to do lots of them but it is the best way I have found to be able to do lots of different sizes. Carriage bolts are pretty cheap too. Good luck on your next project.
Jake Burley
@burleyindustriesllc