What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I use numerous log stands. My favorite is a backhoe, I sometimes use the ground, then roll the log over before hitting dirt. A pile of cut wood works good. Most of the volume is by working from the top toward the trunk. most of it is held above the ground by the tree. I work up the trunk, limbing, then drag away brush. I can then see better what to cut. I then work back to the trunk, cutting little top branches into stove sized pieces. A few will be on the ground, where I cut them loose from the trunk before cutting them up. Trunk wood, I watch very carefully for the kerf to begin to close, pull out. I then roll the log to finish each cut.

Furthermore; little saws are frightening to me. Kickback usually occurs when the chain locks in the wood and physics cause the saw to move instead of the chain. Big saws are less likely to stick, (more power), and are less likely to kick back suddenly. I know of a number of kickback injuries. None have been experienced users with big saws. A little saw is OK to carry on a 4 wheeler, but not to cut firewood.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

massacre wrote:I wish sometimes we had pics of these in action.
I was hoping for action pics too. Is the idea to pick up each log and place it on the stand?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

Hvacr wrote:I know this thread is a year old but if the OP is still around wanted to say congrats on ingenuity and color scheme.

Thanks a lot guys !! :D ;)