What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

delraydella wrote:Steve, glad you got your job back! That can really suck sitting in that no man's land for a while. But I think you underestimate yourself. I'd guess that if they put an ad out for your job there wouldn't be hardly anyone within a 100 mile radius that could do half of what you do.

I almost had another pickup at Stennis, but got outbid at the last minute...I'll get down there again one day!

Other Steve
Yep, "mostly" solved... just details now.

If you find yourself at Stennis again, let me know... Maybe we can have a burger and a beer.

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Steve,
I hate proving meters. The Microbulk trucks are even worse. Did you have to dump the N2 or did you guys just pump it back in the tank?

I try to learn something new everyday, and I do most days. I usually learn the hard way though, self taught at almost everything I know. Maybe that's why I still don't know much. :?

There's an opening in our pump shop in NOLA and if it keeps snowing here I might consider looking into it. I hate the hot weather but I'm really starting to hate the cold and snow. I guess it could be worse, it could be freezing rain everyday. Enough whining, sorry.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Braehill wrote:Steve,
I hate proving meters. The Microbulk trucks are even worse. Did you have to dump the N2 or did you guys just pump it back in the tank?

I try to learn something new everyday, and I do most days. I usually learn the hard way though, self taught at almost everything I know. Maybe that's why I still don't know much. :?

There's an opening in our pump shop in NOLA and if it keeps snowing here I might consider looking into it. I hate the hot weather but I'm really starting to hate the cold and snow. I guess it could be worse, it could be freezing rain everyday. Enough whining, sorry.

Len
Proving meters doesn't happen here, but I do calibrate LLGs (on atmospherics only). Yes, I pumped the LN2 back in to our tank. Between cooling the trailer from ambient and pumping until I lost prime, I lost about 500 gallons.

I didn't hear about the pump shop opening, but I'd think about it, if I were you... I'm pretty sure the ox-clean requirements make for a climate-controlled workplace... :lol:

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Steve,
I'm pretty sure I'm in a climate controlled atmoshpere right now and it set to zero and snow. :cry:

The posting was on our career link when I was checking it the other day. They usually post the job after they already have the person picked out, politics mostly, normal stuff.

It doesn't suprise me that you had that much vapor loss while recycling a pump through a prover and cooldown.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Steve,

Thanks for helping me on the R stamp ??? Now i understand why you know what you do after reading this thread. It sounds like an awesome job even with the red tape you have dealt with lately. Not sure i could do it, I like having my hood down. I enjoyed the read about what you do. Thanks
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.