What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

A customer was about to dump a 3 cylinder air compressor that got condemned by OHS because motor terminal box was ripped from bracket and motor fan cowl missing. I offered to take it away for free. They accepted my kind offer.

Repaired the terminal box with internal clamping - now solid.

Made a new fan cowl out of scrap aluminium sheet. Don't have slip rollers so had to improvise. Made up up this widget on some pipe, slide a 100mm (4") strap through a little at a time hammering all the way until I got the diameter I needed, weld it up, drill some holes and bingo job done. Runs very well and quiet too.
IMG_6143.jpg
IMG_6143.jpg (63.96 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
IMG_6145.jpg
IMG_6145.jpg (107.52 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
My aluminium welding is very rusty but I wasn't going for looks.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Coldman wrote: My aluminium welding is very rusty but I wasn't going for looks.
Aluminum doesn't rust, but it does oxidize ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Couldn't resist, sorry)
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Coldman wrote:A customer was about to dump a 3 cylinder air compressor that got condemned by OHS because motor terminal box was ripped from bracket and motor fan cowl missing. I offered to take it away for free. They accepted my kind offer.
That was so kind of you.
Looks good!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve made $100 bucks replacing a few broken parts on condemned air compressors several times now. Last one was just a new pressure switch and then I replaced the discharge tube that got smashed with some SS tube. Amazing what gets scraped sometimes.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 am

Poland308 wrote:I’ve made $100 bucks replacing a few broken parts on condemned air compressors several times now. Last one was just a new pressure switch and then I replaced the discharge tube that got smashed with some SS tube. Amazing what gets scraped sometimes.
Yeah, this summer I repaired damaged water pump which I took home from scrap. Works like a blast now. People just don't know how to repair their things. Just throw damaged things away and buy new stuff because its easier.
“You have to love what you do, to give your best.”