What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Realized th
Last edited by Radishfever on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Radishfever wrote:Realized the importance of a dedicated tungsten grinder immediately. Got the idea from someone to buy this wheel
Fixed it for you.

Radishfever wrote:Realized the importance of a dedicated tungsten grinder immediately. Got the idea from someone to buy this wheelhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP628XO/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Have a variable speed right angle drill that is needed but not often. Decided to fabricate fixture, to fix drill, to any stand.
Have a drill chuck that I use to hand spin the tungsten over the wheel. A drill could be used also.

This is only the third time tig welding. The joint that looks really cold on the trigger bracket. It's welded on both sides and the other side was hotter.

This was the project when I had the ah moment about filler. I realized I can't just put it near the arc, I got to push it in.

Baby steps,
Looks good, let us know how it works out for you. Most of the time simple is the best.
Richard
Website
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

what i would do is add a rest so you can place the tungsten on it. you get better angles and your not wobbling around so much. you could cut steps in to give different angles.

i have a cheap knife sharper that runs a grinding wheel and one of the adapters for it has a rest about the right height. that works quiet well.
tweak it until it breaks
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Ok, t
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful