What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

These are some booth table supports I made for a bar to pay off my gambling debts. Bar tables have to take an amazing amount of abuse, people sitting on unsupported edges, dancing on them, falling or getting pushed into them ...on an almost nightly basis. (Not that i would know, it's just what i hear :) ). If they aren't built strong or fastened to the wall just right, they can easily snap right off. And they have before.

These supports are made out of inch and a half square tube with an 1/8th inch wall, all migged together. There is also a piece of 5 inch by 8 inch by 1/4 inch plate welded to the back of the frames for a mounting plate. We set the frames against the wall and drilled through a concrete and stucco wall and bolted them through the wall in 6 spots, 2 on the outside corners of the square tube and 4 bolts in the plate.

The first picture is one of the frames in the shop, the second shows the old one that we replaced on the left and the new one is on the right.

Other Steve
Attachments
IMG_7891.JPG
IMG_7891.JPG (132.88 KiB) Viewed 982 times
531923_4570238022240_1178736310_n.jpg
531923_4570238022240_1178736310_n.jpg (60.2 KiB) Viewed 982 times
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Do the owner a favor and cap all your open ends.
Weird shit gets stuffed in the strangest places in bars.

Some jerk stuffs a couple fried shrimp up an open tube and the whole place will reek for months!
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

That's a good idea. I never thought of that. It's hard sometimes to get out of the mindset that just because i wouldn't do something like stuff food in there, it doesn't mean that nobody else will.
Thanks!

Other Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Delraydella.

Capping the ends of opened tubular and wrapping fillets completely around the joints will also greatly reduce eventual corrosion (ex: rust).

Fabrication of furniture is a pleasure and often an art.

Tanks.
Alexa