What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I have a 100 pound propane tank and you can't store it inside. Against the law. People break into cages to steel metal and batteries to recycle. Happened to the garage on the corner.

He had a steel cage with expanded metal grating. They cut through the grating and stole all his old batteries. I want something they can't cut through with bolt cutters or tamper with the valve. Any ideas appreciated. Oh and it can't look like you know whose Butt either. Its in my back yard off my patio. Wife won't like it just put any where.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Greg,
You could build a small enclosure around it like you would for trash cans (Can't be sealed tight because of relief valve on tank). If you leave it hooked up all the time you can remove the handle so they can't shut it off, nobody wants a leaking tank of propane in their car or truck.

Most tanks have holes in the base that you could use to anchor it to the concrete pad with some angle and an all thread or bolts. And then there is always the good old electric fence.

There used to be a cure for this, it was called jobs, pride, family and consquences, but those aren't available any longer. So for now we have to live as prisoners to a society of degenerates and build things to keep them at bay.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Oddjob83
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

how about a sheet metal shed, lagged to the patio with angle feet and vented around the top, just like this poorly done paint drawing, and just add a lock of your style/choice.

note, not to scale :D
Greg From K/W

Ok call me a dolt, I can do the chain through the bottom and the top and remove the handle. Thanks for the wake up.

In the words of the great Homer Simpson, DOH!
Oddjob83

Bolt cutters and vice-grips and its gone in less than 30 seconds.
Greg From K/W

True I will keep that in mind.
Oddjob83

if someone really wants something, they will take it. you may have 10 locks on your house, but that don't mean crap if your windows aren't barred. the best thing you can do is keep it out of sight. either make it look like something else or hide it directly from view.

its a difficult situation, if you use a small out building and add large locks and bared windows and a fence and crap that makes people think there is something valuable in there, but you cant trust the kind of situation of a garden shed with a dollar store lock either, or a bike lock. you can either make it so inconvenient that its just not worth the trouble, like 10 chains with 1/4" links chained to 10 cinder blocks or a truck or something. or stick a camera on it wait for it to happen and use the footage to get them arrested.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

This conversation saddens me.

I don't even lock my door when I leave....

:cry:

Steve S
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes it's a shame that we need to lock everything & hide it - it should be legal to leave a "clamore" & trip wire to guard your stuff - when you see the scum cruising up & down your street looking for their next thing to steal it should be legal to shoot them or at least drag them out of the motor & give them a good hiding ! - sadly here it's very difficult to privately own a weapon - pistols were banned several years ago - along with self loading rifles ( except .22) all we have is single shot rifles & 12gauge now - though I would say with 3" 0000buck you can still give someone "very bad day " ! I used to say leave a German sheperd dog chained to it - but they even steal those round here.
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:This conversation saddens me.

I don't even lock my door when I leave....

:cry:

Steve S

Damn, I don't even have locks on my doors. Seriously, it's an old brick farmhouse and there are no locks.
But, there is a .45 at my headboard! :o :shock: :D ;)
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

We used to keep the deterent for this type of problem in the middle of most towns, it was called a gallows. It made people think about what is was that they were about to do. As I said in my previous post, consequences. Gone.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len