What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

we're replacing the lexan on the cell doors in this housing area with expanded metal. this is to make it easier for our guests to douse staff with all manner of unsavoury liquids. i'm predicting lots of ot in the near future cutting out the expanded metal and going back to the original design.
Attachments
PA160009.JPG
PA160009.JPG (38.95 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

It would be more interesting working with you than being on the Space Station.
jwmacawful

i gotta admit it's pretty interesting being a maintenance welder where i work. today it's welding on cell doors. at midnite i could get called in to weld a leaking steam line. something new almost every day.
Tombstone
    Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I know this is an older post, but I'm browsing right now and found this. What kind of stupid @$$ jail administrator decided to get rid of the exam and return to old school expanded metal? I'd love to place that administrator (turd) in front of the cell door of the first inmate to take advantage of his new "upgrade." Unreal.
"Let's light the fire an' brief on guard.". RIP Lt. Col Stan "Red Dog" Nichols. USMC. Fighter Pilot. Korea, Vietnam. MCAS El Toro.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Tombstone wrote:...What kind of stupid @$$ jail administrator decided to get rid of the exam and return to old school expanded metal? I'd love to place that administrator (turd) in front of the cell door of the first inmate to take advantage of his new "upgrade."...
I remember reading this and thought the same thing Tombstone. You got to wonder who dresses this clown in the morning. :roll:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

jwmacawful

Fat Bob wrote:
Tombstone wrote:...What kind of stupid @$$ jail administrator decided to get rid of the exam and return to old school expanded metal? I'd love to place that administrator (turd) in front of the cell door of the first inmate to take advantage of his new "upgrade."...
I remember reading this and thought the same thing Tombstone. You got to wonder who dresses this clown in the morning. :roll:
let's not jump to un-informed conclusions. in truth he's a pretty sharp tack. he took the idea a little further and now we're making an electrically controlled steel framed door with 1" lexan making up most of the surface area. quite an innovation i think.