What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Suckback
    Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 am

Hey, I'm looking for ideas to make my own pipe fit-up clamps. Ranging in all different sizes,
Would appreciate any photos, I do own a couple that I have bought but I was looking for some inspiration
To build some of my own.

Danny
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Suckback wrote:Hey, I'm looking for ideas to make my own pipe fit-up clamps. Ranging in all different sizes,
Would appreciate any photos, I do own a couple that I have bought but I was looking for some inspiration
To build some of my own.

Danny
Hi Danny,
Can you post a photo of what you have?
Marc. Aussie on the loose
Suckback
    Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 am

Marc Godwin wrote:
Suckback wrote:Hey, I'm looking for ideas to make my own pipe fit-up clamps. Ranging in all different sizes,
To build some of my own.

Danny
Hi Danny,
Can you post a photo of what you have?
Hi Marc
These are the clamps I have, they are called E-Z fit pipe clamps.
image.jpg
image.jpg (59.16 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Another way is to use angle stock or a C channel with clamps. It will help with keeping longer runs of pipe dead-nuts straight. I had to fabricate a bunch of soccer goals at one point, and I was having to use scarphs instead of butts. I would take two- 4ft pieces of channel and fasten it to my bench with a space in the middle to allow for the long scarphs, string straight. Then it was just a matter of laying the pipe in there with a couple quick grip clamps and some T stands holding the ends up. Worked like a charm.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I kind of depends on your current application as I agree with the channel or even heavy wall angle will do the job, but looking at the photo theses are really designed around alignment fir but welds, not really made for stopping the pipe from rolling over or moving.
I might be grossly wrong in my assumption, and when you assume .................... :lol:
Marc. Aussie on the loose