What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

I got bored and wanted to practice some stick welding( don't weld as often now that schools out for summer) so I decided to go to the scrap yard I found an end of an old big propane tank that had about a 24" diameter and some 3" pipe so I made a firepit for about $15 and now plan to sell it for about $100 hopefully
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Nice!

Find a cheap replacement bbq grate and tack a few tabs to hold it, and take the price up $50? :lol:

Seriously, a lid for it so the user can extinguish a fire quickly if the wind comes up/keep the rain out when not in use would be a selling feature.

I really need to do some rearranging and wiring here so I can do a bit of hobby welding at home. Everyone's projects make me a bit jealous that I don't weld outside of work, and I've got a couple old crakerboxes gathering dust.

Steve S
Zach_T

Otto Nobedder wrote:Nice!

Find a cheap replacement bbq grate and tack a few tabs to hold it, and take the price up $50? :lol:

Seriously, a lid for it so the user can extinguish a fire quickly if the wind comes up/keep the rain out when not in use would be a selling feature.

I really need to do some rearranging and wiring here so I can do a bit of hobby welding at home. Everyone's projects make me a bit jealous that I don't weld outside of work, and I've got a couple old crakerboxes gathering dust.

Steve S
You mean like this?? Haha thank you! And I installed my plug for my shop(garage) myself back around Christmas
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

I want to build stuff ... that's an awesome firepitt.
Zach_T wrote: You mean like this?? Haha thank you! And I installed my plug for my shop(garage) myself back around Christmas
Airco Heliwelder, model 3A/DDR-224HPA/B-D
LWS Kobalt Helmet / Blue Flame HF
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
Chicken Hammer for Pecking Divots
Zach_T

mbmalone wrote:I want to build stuff ... that's an awesome firepitt.
Zach_T wrote: You mean like this?? Haha thank you! And I installed my plug for my shop(garage) myself back around Christmas
Well whatcha waitin on??

Zach_T wrote:I got bored and wanted to practice some stick welding( don't weld as often now that schools out for summer) so I decided to go to the scrap yard I found an end of an old big propane tank that had about a 24" diameter and some 3" pipe so I made a firepit for about $15 and now plan to sell it for about $100 hopefully
Great performance,you can put racks skewers.
such as the picture:
w.jpg
w.jpg (159.42 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
Toni
Merkle TE 161 DC
Migatronic TIG 200 AC / DC PFC
Stahlwerk WIG TIG AC/DC 200 Puls mit Plasma
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Toni,

Those are sweet! Did you make them? Make a die, to stamp the leaves?

If those are your work, I'm impressed!

Steve S
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

I do the same. I bent up 12 drawers out of 20 ga and grabbed the stick w/6013 x 5/64. Made a mess on the first few :D
Did 6 with the stick @ 45 amps and then.......busted out the Lincoln 140 with .023. :roll: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lil better :lol:
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Antorcha wrote:I do the same. I bent up 12 drawers out of 20 ga and grabbed the stick w/6013 x 5/64. Made a mess on the first few :D
Did 6 with the stick @ 45 amps and then.......busted out the Lincoln 140 with .023. :roll: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lil better :lol:

Way better....

6013 is %@#$%&!!!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote:
Antorcha wrote:I do the same. I bent up 12 drawers out of 20 ga and grabbed the stick w/6013 x 5/64. Made a mess on the first few :D

Way better....

6013 is %@#$%&!!!!!
Ok I feel really stupid right now but what does you and Antorchas comments have to do with this? I must have missed something.
-Jonathan
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I think Antorcha's post was refering to the title "Got bored today" and built some drawers and John's was just another senseless post to bash 6013.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Braehill wrote:I think Antorcha's post was refering to the title "Got bored today" and built some drawers and John's was just another senseless post to bash 6013.

Len
Huh, ookk :roll:
Here I was re-reading this thread trying to figure out what I missed.
-Jonathan
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Nice work.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.