What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Here's a 2 hour job I did this afternoon.

Installing a receiver tube on the back of this semi truck.

I made that round hole square, stuck the tube in, welded it up both side, and gusseted it.

All 1/8" 7018, the hole was cut with a torch.....

Enjoy!!!!

~John

Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

nice job
looks like you got your daily spark shower...
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nice job! I am curious as to why they would want a receiver on a tractor. Is it a yard truck or something? And whats with the foam mat on the ground...back in the day we layed on hot coals for stuff like that :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote: ... And whats with the foam mat on the ground...back in the day we layed on hot coals for stuff like that :lol:
Yeah, we did. And after a couple hours under a D8, I'd have traded body parts for a foam mat like that :D

ldb
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

Come on, Tig Snobs, come out of hiding!!! You know when your beaten.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

They are still in shock :mrgreen:

I bet you have a pic of this gentleman in your home ;)
exnailpounder

I do but mine has bird crap on his forehead

exnailpounder wrote:Nice job! I am curious as to why they would want a receiver on a tractor. Is it a yard truck or something? And whats with the foam mat on the ground...back in the day we layed on hot coals for stuff like that :lol:

They have some house trailers to pull.
70 footers.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

so you are also into the luxury home business.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

Len, Sam, I know your reading this...... 8-) :lol:

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

John,
I thought we had this cleared up on the last post, but I guess not. First off in your last rant I never once mentioned Tig welding, I asked why you chose to Mig weld the wheel when my obvious choice would have been to stick weld it. Then I wasted my time to explain to you that I Tig weld most of the stuff I weld because it's required of me.

You said that you've never seen any of my welds and that's for a good reason, we're not allowed cameras in the plant. Plus I don't need praise from people I hardly know to tell me I can weld, my paycheck is there on Thursday to remind me.

I know that you're a good welder for your age and I admire the effort that you put into getting better. Something you should know before you call me out is that in 1978 when I was 14 I had my first paying welding job building coal mine roof jacks. I burned up more than 100# a week of 7018 rod with an old SA300 and then a little later a Miller Trailblazer. I've chipped your weight in slag many times over and have almost that same weight in burn scars. I repaired beat up old block cranes with nothing more than a cutting torch and an old Lincoln beehive welder and miles of 7018 rods. Oh, and I've worn out about 20 grinders in my life trying to make my welds look better to me because there was no internet to send pictures out to get help learning.

I've refrained from slamming you on more than one occasion when you deserved it to keep this forum civil. I would ask if you want to start another pissing match with an unwilling partner to please take it to the other forums you use, not here.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Oh, SNAP!

Braehill wrote:John,
I thought we had this cleared up on the last post, but I guess not. First off in your last rant I never once mentioned Tig welding, I asked why you chose to Mig weld the wheel when my obvious choice would have been to stick weld it. Then I wasted my time to explain to you that I Tig weld most of the stuff I weld because it's required of me.

You said that you've never seen any of my welds and that's for a good reason, we're not allowed cameras in the plant. Plus I don't need praise from people I hardly know to tell me I can weld, my paycheck is there on Thursday to remind me.

I know that you're a good welder for your age and I admire the effort that you put into getting better. Something you should know before you call me out is that in 1978 when I was 14 I had my first paying welding job building coal mine roof jacks. I burned up more than 100# a week of 7018 rod with an old SA300 and then a little later a Miller Trailblazer. I've chipped your weight in slag many times over and have almost that same weight in burn scars. I repaired beat up old block cranes with nothing more than a cutting torch and an old Lincoln beehive welder and miles of 7018 rods. Oh, and I've worn out about 20 grinders in my life trying to make my welds look better to me because there was no internet to send pictures out to get help learning.

I've refrained from slamming you on more than one occasion when you deserved it to keep this forum civil. I would ask if you want to start another pissing match with an unwilling partner to please take it to the other forums you use, not here.

Len
Len,
Your taking this too seriously.

I never doubted your experience.
I'm not degrading you guys, or trying to insult you at all.
I just need some place to joke around with likeminded men.

Take it easy.

John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Bailiff, Whack his Pee Pee! :lol: :mrgreen:

1978, 14? Dang younguns! ;)

I don't get it.

I didn't see any opposition to anything in any of the posts.

I didn't see conflict, until it randomly appeared. (Hello, Baltimore?)

When y'all decide who can piss farther from the porch, let's get back to business.

Steve S
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Its easy to get your hackles up, I've been guilty of it myself and regretted it afterwards.

Why don't we make a new guideline - assume friendly banter (taking the piss) until proven otherwise.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Sorry, just ate a Snickers bar, now where were we?

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:Sorry, just ate a Snickers bar, now where were we?

Len
LMAO!

"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

Danny Trejo never imagined he'd put "Marsha Brady" on his resume'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve S

Danny Trejo never imagined he'd put "Marsha Brady" on his resume'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve S[/quote]

Nor did I for that matter.

Rake, glad to see someone else is old enough to get the bailiff line.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

I don't know, I kind of like the line from Len that goes: "I've chipped your weight in slag many times over and have almost that same weight in burn scars".

I MUST steal that line!
exnailpounder

Thats a good line. My dad about drinking: "I've spilled more than you ever drank!"
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

My dad's favorite line is "I've put more miles on in reverse than you have going forward." lol
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

exnailpounder has a great line! "Thats a good line. My dad about drinking: "I've spilled more than you ever drank!" " Wow, that goes right along with "chipped more than your weight in slag".

My 'line' that I use is: "I never said I was smart. If I was smart, I wouldn't have been an ironworker".

As my friend and sometimes mentor Wally Davis used to say: "An ironworker ain't nothing but a fitter with his brains knocked out".
exnailpounder

Us oldtimers come up with some s@#$ to bust the young guys chops thats for sure. I catch myself doing it to my sons and I just think...oh no...I'm my Dad! :lol:
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I could get really rude here but I won't.