What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Defender Chassis
    Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:44 pm

I got a set of headers in for repair and shot a video of how I tackle this kind of work.

https://youtu.be/C88e_i9tN2U
Defender Chassis

sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Nice clean work but l do have a question. What changes were made to the car to allow undented headers to fit?
Defender Chassis

sedanman wrote:Nice clean work but l do have a question. What changes were made to the car to allow undented headers to fit?
To the best of my understanding, the original builder did not have the engine in the correct location. This has supposedly been corrected. In addition, when it goes back together this time the frame will be clearance on the passenger side.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Dave Frieberger recently did a dyno shootout with dented headers and their engine made MORE power with dented tubes. Surprising results indeed.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Golf balls are dented to reduce drag in the air.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

sedanman wrote:Dave Frieberger recently did a dyno shootout with dented headers and their engine made MORE power with dented tubes. Surprising results indeed.
May have increased the velocity of the port, if the headers were too large...lots of variables when building headers, exh port efficiency, length of tube to first bend coming out of the port etc...
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Dyno tests have been done where there is a smaller tube inside the maintube. Say you are using a 2" header pipe, there would be a 1 3/4 tube inside for 4-6" as I remember. The inner tube acted as an air damn to take out the inversion of the exhaust pulses. They were gaining 5-10%. The dents probably do the same thing breaking up the inversion back flow.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.

Forget which header company it was, but years back somebody was making what they called AR headers. The AR stood for "anti-reversion".
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

Do you mean timing the pulses like a two stroke power pipe?
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Headers are their own ball game in and of themselves. Very clean job and good video too.
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene