Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Oscar wrote:BTW, your pics are really good. They look awesome at my house on my ~130" view. Yes this is how I read/post on forums :D

I remember those projectors from the 90's. 4k screens not your thing? ;)
Maxdub
    Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm

Spartan wrote:If you haven't yet pieced it together, a repair like that is both a challenge and a liability for even the most experienced welders. Every shop owner I know, including myself, would reject that work.

It can be repaired. Anything can be repaired. But as others have mentioned, are you willing to pay the cost of that, which could easily surpass the cost of a complete replacement?

My advice: If you NEED this to be repaired, don't tackle it as a beginner. Take it to a shop which specializes in engine repairs and be prepared to pay for it.

Good luck to you.
Luckily that whole upper oil pan piece as it’s called is replaceable. I will most likely take it off and try my best. And if I butcher it up I’ll buy a new one. It’s cheaper than taking it to the shop but not that cheap to atleast not try welding it. Plus I’ll get experience. I’ll also practice on some old transmissions I have lying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Maxdub on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxdub

Spartan wrote:
Oscar wrote:BTW, your pics are really good. They look awesome at my house on my ~130" view. Yes this is how I read/post on forums :D

I remember those projectors from the 90's. 4k screens not your thing? ;)
I was born 2001. My school still used them in 2014. Lol and you won’t believe me but there isn’t a single tv in our house.

Last edited by Maxdub on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spartan

Maxdub wrote:I was born 2001. My school still used them in 2014. Lol and you won’t believe me but there isn’t a single tv in our house.
I'm trying to give Oscar a hard time. Please don't ruin it with facts and figures.
Maxdub

Spartan wrote:
Maxdub wrote:I was born 2001. My school still used them in 2014. Lol and you won’t believe me but there isn’t a single tv in our house.
I'm trying to give Oscar a hard time. Please don't ruin it with facts and figures.
Oh my bad. I thought you were Oscar.

Spartan

Maxdub wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Oh my bad. I thought you were Oscar.

Nope. Much more handsome.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Nah, this suffices for my needs. 4k projector maybe later. :)
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Best fillers to use on cast:
1st. 4047
2nd 4943

If you can sand blast the prep first that would be best otherwise use a burr.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'