Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

johnnyg wrote:Careful, Jon. Keep this up and you'll be staying home with the kids while the wife makes the bacon... Or is this all part of your plan... Did she make you do the dishes when you came inside???

It's a small world, my wife and I will be 8 years on Sept. 16th (today as it happens to be)
Well congrats John!! Do you want me to call Jim and tell him you need off today for your anniversary :lol:

Yes, this is my diabolical plot :o Seriously, if she can learn to tig weld like that, she can help out a lot!! She has already helped on some MIG jobs in the past but I never wanted her to get all burned up like us. Maybe TIG will keep her a little more burn free.
-Jonathan

Drifta-X wrote:She cheated!!
How's that?
-Jonathan
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Totally awesome!!!

I'm the wife in our household. For Valentine's Day he bought me 10 lbs of Ni99, and for my birthday he ran 220 and ventilation to my shop.

That's LOVE
--Tater
hillbilly welder
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 pm

NOW WE ALL KNOW WHO DOES THE HIGH END WELDING IN YOUR FAMILY. SHE REALLY TOOK YOU TO SCHOOL LOL ACUALLY A REALLY GOOD JOB FOR SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT.

:?

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you all. If you'd rather keep it guys only, that's okay.

I will stop talking and hit the steel.

Wishing you all the best,
--Tater

Tater wrote::?

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you all. If you'd rather keep it guys only, that's okay.

I will stop talking and hit the steel.

Wishing you all the best,
Back that horse up. I didn't see anything said to exclude women. I would love to see a lot more women active on the forum. It would be cool to see a group of our women weldors start a thread, I am not to proud to be showed up by a girl!!

Tony,
My wife said if you want to learn to weld, stop by the house one night after work, she is offering lessons. :shock:
-Jonathan

Agreed, nothing "says" that women should not participate in discussion. But I would rather step aside than make the rest of you worry about what you say and write.
--Tater

-- and there's no way I could show you up. I'm not that good
--Tater
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Tater wrote:Agreed, nothing "says" that women should not participate in discussion. But I would rather step aside than make the rest of you worry about what you say and write.
Maybe that is just what is needed... there are many on the forums who should really worry about what they have said and the way they act...

If members can't be civil and respectful of all others (not just women), they have no place here! The diversity of members is amazing, from youth to seniors, men & women, students to PhDs, beginners - hobbyists - tradesmen - master welders.... global ...

Welcome Tater, don't even think about stepping aside!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

What I wanted to say is, the wife of the title is a lucky lady, that her husband is so proud of her. That's awesome :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nothing makes me happier than having my guy proud of me.
--Tater
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Tater wrote:Agreed, nothing "says" that women should not participate in discussion. But I would rather step aside than make the rest of you worry about what you say and write.
I'm not worried - welcome :)

I may make an ex wife joke now and then - but I'm mostly harmless :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Understood.

Will get to work posting some pictures, then. Of welds :)
Last edited by Tater on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Tater
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Tater wrote: ...Sorry, didn't mean to scare you all. If you'd rather keep it guys only, that's okay.
Oh, hell no!

I make no assumption of gender in posts. (Though some make the gender obvious... :roll: ).

ALL are welcome.

Steve S

A welder is a welder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I walked in the door tonight my wife grabbed my hand and said "lets go to the garage and weld". The kids were napping so we went out and ran some beads. Now (literally right now) she is at it again!!! I guess this is the new dimension to our marriage. She kinda gets annoyed at me always talking about welding or the forum, maybe now she will share my passion!!

The lap joint is her very first attempt. On the right I showed her how to melt the two pieces and she took right off.

Maybe tomorrow I will go to the LWS and get her a pink helmet and the welding jacket and gloves designed for women weldors. Hear that johnnyg, get me a good deal!
-Jonathan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (116.01 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (87.41 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (92.83 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Tomorrows lesson; where NOT to lay hot aluminum :( Oops
-Jonathan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.32 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

admin wrote:On our 30th anniversary we rode bikes on the beach from Daytona to ponce inlet. We climbed the lighthouse and snuck champagne to the top so we could have a toast. As I looked into her eyes and sipped champagne over the bay I couldn't help but ask myself... I wonder if that handrail was welded with stick or flux core? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, but you are a romantic devil!

That's so awesome. Differences are cool, but when you work together building or fixing something, it's a blast. And when you admire each other it's so rewarding. Enjoy the new discovery!!!!!

So happy for you :D
--Tater
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I have been married for a year now and I taught my wife how to weld before we got married she amazes me all the time with her abilities and how good she gets everyday.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:As soon as I walked in the door tonight my wife grabbed my hand and said "lets go to the garage and weld". The kids were napping so we went out and ran some beads. Now (literally right now) she is at it again!!! I guess this is the new dimension to our marriage. She kinda gets annoyed at me always talking about welding or the forum, maybe now she will share my passion!!

The lap joint is her very first attempt. On the right I showed her how to melt the two pieces and she took right off.

Maybe tomorrow I will go to the LWS and get her a pink helmet and the welding jacket and gloves designed for women weldors. Hear that johnnyg, get me a good deal!
-Jonathan
If tha's attempt #1, that's a good go!
Bugel
    Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

My wife always asking me to build a simple stool..but i do not have a time..to make the story short she takes matters in her own hands :shock: just thought of sharing some pics of her little project.

Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Are those steel toed flip flops?
Bugel

Though you can't find beauty of her masterpiece..im proud of her :D

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Gotta love her choice of welding shoes, yikes. You might want to get her some coveralls and a pair of different shoes for in the shop. Those pants and sparks are probably not real compatable either. I understand their need to make a fashion statement, but getting a nasty burn will surely curb her desire to work in the shop.

Len

P.S. If my wife ever finds her way into the garage she just might find some of the tools that she had when we got married. I quickly liberated them from her right after she said I do, because when it comes to fixing things, that's where I say I do. She brings it up every once and awhile and I remind her that I have enough tools for both of us. I don't see her ever wanting to learn to weld, but you never know.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Bugel

Bill Beauregard wrote:Are those steel toed flip flops?
Lol! She does'nt want to wear my shoes!at least she wear my stinky gloves tho :lol: