Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:
xwrench wrote:Ran a new line of #2 cable to my shop breaker panel. Then 8 gauge to 50 amp outlet for my welder. can easily run for more if needed later.
Well done!

You can power some serious stuff on that, without playing "musical outlets."

You'll appreciate this sooner than you know, if the welding bug has truly bit you.

Steve S
Electrode/filler used to date:
7018 and 8018: close to 2 tons
Innershield wire: about 500lbs
MIG wire: around 500lbs
TIG (aluminum) 50 lbs. ish.
Air arc carbon rod: about 200lbs

I didn't do much fabrication, mostly repairs on crushers and earth moving equipment and also quite a bit of hard-facing.
I had one of the first Lincoln Commander 400s in Utah on my service truck. Talk about sweet :D
I'm retired now, but yeah, the bug bit me. When I was seven. I hope I don't come off as bragging, half the rods I burned up, I didn't really know what I was doing. I just learned from the old timers. a little here, a little there. By the end I could hold my own. I'm really glad to have found this forum and Jody's videos. There is so much to learn. Cheers - Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Do you have it yet? I want to see your reaction. At first you may have some trouble with the advanced controls. They come quick. Start with Pro Set, play from there.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I have the machine. Still waiting on the electrician to come back and finish my wiring. My panel and everything is all apart so I have no power to anything right now. Not sure when it'll be finished. But he is doing it for free so I shouldn't complain :)
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid