Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Can I use 2 series heads on a 250a CK FL2525SF?

I ask because I am thinking about buying one of these awesome torches and wanted to know if I could order the CK FL2L FlexLoc Head 2 Series along with the torch and have a 2 series setup ready to change out at will.

Hoping some of you more experienced folks would have some knowledge on this...
Thanks,
Ken
Proverbs 15:21 KJV
Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: but a man of understanding walketh uprightly.

Instagram @ Strait_Gate_Welding
dmcnally
    Sun May 22, 2016 11:45 am

You can ask CK directly: help@ckworldwide.com or call them: 800.426.0877

Dave
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

You can order that torch with either the -2 or -3, and alternately order the other head set. They are interchangeable.

Keep in mind, the flex-loc is only water-cooled to the knuckle where the head swivels, so you gain nothing in duty cycle. You only gain the ability to use a very broad range of cup sizes.

Steve S
Kevin_Holbrook
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:02 am

when I bought my two torches I got the 250 water cooled and the 130 gas cooled

that way I have both torches and both heads , gives me 130 , 150 gas cooled and 230 , 250 water cooled
rprecision
    Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

I have the 150 gas cooled which uses the series 3 heads.

For my needs it's a really flexible option. I just finished a aluminum project, running on ac can really heat up a torch.

Having owned one I don't see it aseems the best option water-cooled for the reasons described above. If I go water-cooled I think a standard torch with a flex head is a better option.
    Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:You can order that torch with either the -2 or -3, and alternately order the other head set. They are interchangeable.

Keep in mind, the flex-loc is only water-cooled to the knuckle where the head swivels, so you gain nothing in duty cycle. You only gain the ability to use a very broad range of cup sizes.

Steve S

Ok so I can use either head with the 250a torch. And I was wondering about the coolant path through the torch... it could only go through the knuckle so it doesn't cool the head very much at all. Not really an issue.

I definitely enjoy my 20 series torch and dont think I will use a gas cooled unless I can snag a 17flex ...

Gaining the ability to have a broad range if cup sizes is the goal. Basically using one very versatile water cooled torch for nearly all of my applications. Which at the moment isn't much.

Thanks for the input folks.
Proverbs 15:21 KJV
Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: but a man of understanding walketh uprightly.

Instagram @ Strait_Gate_Welding