General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:58 pm

I purchased an Everlast 256SI, which comes with a water cooler. I want to build a welding cart with a narrow set of drawings (similar to the attached picture). Anyone know where I can get a set of narrow drawers? I don't want to make my own. Thanks.
Attachments
cart (Small).JPG
cart (Small).JPG (23.08 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Not much out there other than the one shown. Why not modify it a bit?
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
BamaJohn
    Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 pm

These are metal and 10-3/8" wide.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.a ... 3326,46037

I've used Lee Valley for a lot of woodworking stuff and can recommend them.
Attachments
Drawers.jpg
Drawers.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for the link John. That's what this forum is all about.
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

You might consider building something like this:
Attachments
cart drawer.jpg
cart drawer.jpg (116.06 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

Thanks all. (I just noticed that I said "narrow set of drawings" in my original post - :roll: ). I did think about modifying a cheapo cart, but I'm afraid that I'll end up with a modified cheapo cart. The welder is 100 lbs and the cooler will be about 40 lbs when full. Pretty stout when compared to a Millermatic 211 or something like that. Everlast actually makes a nice, simple cart, but there's no storage for it and they wanted $400 for it*. See the pic below. I'd still have to add on for storage of rods, leads, and misc stuff.

The Lee Valley drawers might be a possibility. I like LV stuff and I never would have guessed that they sold drawers.

* when I looked at the cart again to get a picture to post, I noticed that the price dropped down to $249, which is much more reasonable. There seems to be a lot of mistakes on their website FWIW.
Attachments
EV Cart.JPG
EV Cart.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I think your welder won’t be 100#. Probably much closer to 60#. Coolers aren’t normally 40# either.

Perhaps a change in direction for you would be to purchase a small “work box” with drawers, then mount that on a rolling base, add shelves above it for the welder and cooler. You could likely buy the box for under $50, then build a frame to fit it in and suit your machines, and a bottle, racks and hoses wrapped with a heli-hook.

Everlast lists it at 100 lbs and UPS had it at 94 lbs. That would include all the leads, power cord, etc. The welder arrived yesterday and it was pretty heavy. UPS has the cooler at 33 lbs and 2 gallons of water/coolant is around 8 lbs.

Your idea is a good one, but I think what I might do instead is add open trays to the side of the cart...see attached dwg in process....cooler on bottom, welder on top, rod storage on the left and two trough-shaped trays on the right
Attachments
cart fronmt elev.JPG
cart fronmt elev.JPG (27.07 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Not that it matters much, but the “shipping weight” is 94#, the machine itself is only 60#. A 100# inverter would be astronomically heavy, or a floor model shop machine. My Dynasty only weighs a touch over 40#.

https://www.amazon.com/Everlast-PowerPr ... B072RDF888

I ended up making a primitive cart to simply get the welder and water cooler off the ground. Afterwards I added storage racks for the filler rod and cable storage. I went with Jody's pvc tube design for the filler rods. Because I painted the original, primitive cart, I drilled and bolted (or tapped) the new hardware on to the cart. Rather than making the rods for the cable hangers one continuous piece, I made them out of two pieces and used a small piece of square tube to splice them together. that way I didn't have to worry about being super-precise in the bending operation and I could use scrap to make the smaller parts.
Attachments
thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg (77.02 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg (93.05 KiB) Viewed 3658 times

Looks good wirelessG, and more important it works as intended. Now you can get to work on other (hopefully money making) projects.
Always best to be organized, makes the job easier.
Richard
Website