Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
prestige98
    Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I am looking at a Miller Aerowave that was built in 2000 or so. My question is that it does have all of the "optional" features, which are the knobs & switches on the lower panel. Is this a disadvantage or not? The machine is in great condition with litte use. It came from a company that machined and welded parts for Siemens and GE, but was more of a "spare". I am don't have a lot of TIG experience, so I dont know if all of those things are needed, but not sure if the machine is right for me. I weld aluminum using a Lincoln 350 MP with great results. I found this deal locally and was looking to become more proficient at TIG with this machine. I know Miller doesn't make this unit anymore, but have read that this is a great unit.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

It's probably the pulser and sequencer controls, and no, you don't really need them for a lot of applications, but it's not a disadvantage having them ,either. I'd rather have them and not need them than not have them and need them.

My old Syncrowave 200 had the pulser controls on it and I was just starting to use them and really getting to like how it worked when the machine got stolen. My replacement 250 doesn't have the pulser and sequencer controls. I don't really need them for anything I do, but I miss them all the same.

Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder