Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey guys. Been watching Jody for years. He has fueled my desire to become a welder. Much respect. I just bought a brand new Lincoln gxt 250. At my house I was not able to get 220v without spending thousands so got great deal on this machine. I unboxed it and in the back where the battery is and the rear there is this foam packed in there. My question is, is that supposed to be in there for sound dampening or does it have to come out? Not sure thank you
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I was just watching a fella mount his 250 to his truck and didn't notice any foam in the battery compartment. I would imagine you would have to remove the foam in order to provide proper air circulation.
UniqueTouch

Yes I probably watched the same video as you. I am going to call Lincoln tomorrow. My cousin works at a large sign shop and the one on their crane truck has it in there as well but I’m thinking they forgot to pull it out or didn’t know to
UniqueTouch

Just bought this machine recently like explained on other forums. I got a box with a new stinger along with leads and tweco Part no. 9510-1110 and also praxair pro star part number prs99578. Im wondering do the 9510-1110 bolt onto the machine where the pos and negative ports and do the leads get hooked up to the prs99578 and plug into the machine like how my ground and tig torch plug into my square wave tig 200? Or are those part numbers I listed for Mig welding? thank you for your help I appreciate it.