Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
James903
    Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 am

I’ve got a Lincoln 200 square wave. I want to switch out the torch to a ck9. Does anyone know if I also need to get a different dinse connector? Or can I use the one off of the 17 torch it came with. I don’t have access to my machine for a couple days to get a better idea. I’d like to order a torch tonight or in the morning depending on the responses I get. Thanks
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Call CK. They will walk you through the parts you may need to get their torch hooked up to your machine based on whatever model machine you have, and will give you specific part numbers to buy if you do need to buy anything extra.

1-800-426-0877
James903

Thanks for the reply. I messaged them and they replied with part #’s. I’m still curious if I could use the dinse connector off of my old torch. I’m about out of consumables for the 17 torch and I’m typically not welding at higher amps. I figured I could use the old dinse connector and save $80 or so that the ck dinse cost. Basically buy the torch and use old dinse connector, and spend the money I saved on consumables. I’ll figure it out, Thanks, lots of good info on this forum
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I think there's a good chance they will probably both use the same 3/8"x24 thread, so hopefully it will be an easy swap over with your existing dinse connector. But you never know... These things tend to be an expensive pain in the butt sometimes.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Spartan wrote:I think there's a good chance they will probably both use the same 3/8"x24 thread, so hopefully it will be an easy swap over with your existing dinse connector. But you never know... These things tend to be an expensive pain in the butt sometimes.
I think there's a good chance also, but didn't reply as I don't know for certain. I can tell you that a #26 is not compatible with a #17, the connector is larger on the #26 as-is the hose.

There is probably a good change the #17 and #9 do use the same hose and connector, but that is something you should have asked CK. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, I have been posting so much here I don't want to over power the place... :roll:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

Alan,
What are you doing posting a reply...... you should be getting hood time on that new welder that arrived yesterday.
Rick
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
TraditionalToolworks

VA-Sawyer wrote:Alan,
What are you doing posting a reply...... you should be getting hood time on that new welder that arrived yesterday.
Rick
Getting some... ;)

I just ordered some aluminum coupons tonight. steel works well. I have a few pieces of aluminum, but turns out it's 3/8". I cut some 1/8" aluminum angle tonight, so have a couple pieces to practice on until the coupons get here.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I'm not sure about you Alan. I tell you that you need to be trying out the new welder, and you answer back bragging about your sex life.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
TraditionalToolworks

VA-Sawyer wrote:I'm not sure about you Alan. I tell you that you need to be trying out the new welder, and you answer back bragging about your sex life.
Rick,

Always good to get some! ;)

I do have a few alu Qs as I am getting setup. I should create another thread rather than crap this one up.

PS - I heard "Governor Blackface" tried to slip in some unconstitutional 2A laws last week...we can't let the crisis let these dimwits from taking advantage of "we the people". Don't let him do that.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
James903

It turns out you can use the ck torch with the lincoln dinse connector