Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
mr 32
    Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Ive come across a a Miller Syncrowave 250DX for sale that 2 years old.
I wasnt really looking for an upgrade on my current machine, however at half the price of a new machine im tempted to upgrade.
Should i upgrade?
Is there anything i should be looking for when i inspect the machine?
was there any options when buying that could be fitted/should be fitted?

here are some details

Items included with welder

Gas regulator
6m water cooled torch with remote amp dial
Foot controller pedal
earth lead with clamp
Water cooler unit
Trolley with wheels
415amp supply cable with 32amp plug
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

How much is it? That's the big question. Make sure to try it before you buy it.

If you want to upgrade, get the pulser controls put in . They come in real handy. They cost about $250 (US) to buy, I don't know the cost of instalation for them, or you could probably put them in yourself.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
mr 32
    Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 pm

he is asking $3000 AUD

looking around they retailed for 6000aud for a bare machine, but are no longer sold here as they dont meet australian standards
the closest machine is the dynasty 200dx air cooled at $4420aud +tax or 350dx water cooled at $6835 aud +tax pluswater cooler
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Sounds like a good deal. I paid $3000 (US) for my used 250 DX and got the same package but with a different cooler. I've never had a problem with it.

The 350 comes standard with the pulser and syncro controls, but you can always add those on to the 250 later if you find you need them.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

just remember this machine needs a 100amp circut.
torn7th
    Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am

Love the Syncros. Bullet proof and full of features. Grab it and runnnn lol