General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

My knowledge of Hollywood movies isn't all that great, but I know there aren't too many movies that feature a welder as the hero. But I found one and it's a pretty good one, too.....Destroyer starring Edward G. Robinson. From 1943. Robinson is a retired Chief Boatswain who is working as a welder in a shipyard. He gets a chance to return to duty aboard a destoyer that he built and takes her through her shakedown cruise. Good story, good acting and good action!

And it's free on youtube! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nOT7DxvujY
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Flashdance, The chick in that was a welder.

Mick
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

She was one of the hottest looking welders that I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U
weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

Flashdance, The chick in that was a welder.

Mick
delraydella

Thanks!

I can't believe I forgot that one! Must have had a massive brain fart.

Other Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder

Hey,

In the movie, "cats and dogs" theres a cat welding. Animated of course. Even does the head flick to bring the shield down and all.

Also in UnderSeige there is lots of welding in a ship, night time footage of welders on the outside of the ship at night.

Mick
delraydella

It's not very often that anyone can say Steven Segall and "good" in the same sentence, but Under Siege was a good movie. I forgot all about it!

In the tv show "The A Team", Mr.T was always welding up some mega monster armored truck to crash into the local crime bosses headquarters.

Hey,

You're right about Mr Segal. I like some of his movies but some are very bad. LOL Mr T would have to watch all his chains, wouldn't he?

Mick

The Tom Hanks Movie, 'Cast Away". The lady in the beginning is doing Metal Weld Sculptures.