Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Ironchef
    Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I need to buy either a 14 or 5 pin connector for a Miller pedal. I have the Amphenol number and found one resource that I promptly lost. It cost around $15.
Any suggestions would be a big help.
BDoubleU

I have seen these connectors at digikey or other large electrical sites - ranging from about $20-30 each. You should verify whether you need a 14 or 5 pin connector so you get the proper items. Beginning in the 1970's Miller used an actual 5-pin connector. However, they switched in the 1990's to a 14-pin connector - although they only use the necessary 5 pins for TIG remotes. I found this posting in another forum from a few years ago that might be helpful (I believe it's for a14-pin setup):

1ea 97-3106A-20 Straight Plug
1ea 9720-27P Insert
1ea 97-3057-1012-1 Cable Clamp

A nice finishing touch is the 9779-513-"X" Bushing.
The "X" suffix varies as to cable size. Let me know the O.D. of your cable and I can give you the proper suffix.
weldfusion.com
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Those part #s must be for a 5-pin, since the cable clamp is listed... The 5-pin has a separate clamp to ground the shielding in the pedal's cable to the machine.

The 14-pin actually uses 6 pins, one of them replacing the shielding clamp.

Steve S
BDoubleU

You can download the manual at millerwelds.com for a wiring diagram & here's the link for digi-key ... but it will require all parts for a proper installation.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... -ND/340970
weldfusion.com