Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ESENTI
    Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 am

FRONIUS COOLER
Im Esenti that i have the Fronius magic wave2200 , i thought you might like to see my progres and my new home made cooler
of 105 euro 120 dollars aprox , 9liters of water diluted with car radiator cooler mixture ...
My machine is very good and after a year it is only gets better. Now that i have learned the basic use of it ...Still there is a lot more but Im pleased that the machine is good and it will take me there ...
The red tap is to adjust the pressure on torch ....I advice the use of a cooler it is very good idea ..except the noise ..
Esenti ...
Attachments
P1010074.jpg
P1010074.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 889 times
P1010047.JPG
P1010047.JPG (63.68 KiB) Viewed 889 times
P1010043.JPG
P1010043.JPG (51.22 KiB) Viewed 889 times
ESENTI

since there might be the question what is the welded subject i post the item complete ...
Attachments
P1010004.JPG
P1010004.JPG (56.48 KiB) Viewed 880 times
ESENTI

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, LETS WORK BETTER AND HARDER THIS YEAR and i wish you BETTER WELDS...
I must add to my cooler post that by adjusting the pressure , by means of lowering it also the noise is also reduced so it is more quiet. When the amperage is increased and there is a need for better torch cooling then you increase the pressure . The higher amperage makes more noise so the noise of cooler is much more acceptable ..

Esenti
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Happy New Year, Esenti,

That's a very nice cooler setup for the price!

I have a bit of advice to make your torches last longer when welding HFAC...
Use distilled or de-ionized water,
and instead of auto anti-freeze, ask your welding supply (or look online) for "low-conductivity" anti-freeze made just for TIG welding, plasma cutting, etc.

Tap water contains dissolved minerals that conduct electricity. Auto antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors the do the same thing. I ruined three torches before I figured this out. (The ruined part is the coolant return/power lead)

If you're welding at a fraction of your torch's rating, you won't have trouble for quite a while, but if you weld near the torch's limit, it won't last long.

The first symptom is lots of "pepper", black spots in your weld for no reason.

The little bit of extra money for the right coolant/antifreeze and distilled water will pay for itself in torch life, and again in not having to fix the weld you were making when it died.

By the way, NICE work on the propeller... Those are always a challenge.

Steve S
ESENTI

Thank you Steve S, a very good remark you write well ...Im in Europe and since you were wondering what part of US i might be ( Im Greek ) . So thats why i cannot handle well writing and expressing myself in English .I assure you though that i have and share the same passion for welding as anyone else or more .So in my area ( country ) it not easily available all
the bits of welding easily and at a good price.This is not an obstacle for me by any means since i will try to find what i need. Welding must be inborn in my DNA i think i can't explain it how I like it so much .Any way i use distilled water, automotive diluted coolant the green color .
( purple if for aluminum radiators i've heard )and tap water .The highest percent is distilled water any way i ask for parweld cooling staff ( as I know form school also pure distilled water is not perfect since it contains a lot of hydrogens so it increases corrosion) .
( this is the type of my torch i use and like for now ) it will come in 15 days aprox. since it comes form England .I could use altenatively distilled water only
since there is no chance that It will go bellow zero , 32 Fahrenheit in US…
But still I will use prepared mixture of parweld coolant when it will arrive .I will flash it and replace it . It is now only 20 days I use it so it will be ok for 2 weeks more.
There is still the problem with electrolysis maybe will be a good idea ! to use a small metal piece of magnesium as an anode , ( I have alumimium radiator so a sacrifice metal like magnesium will help I think.
Very recently I have 2% lanthanated available and I haven’t tried them yet , but I Intent to use preferably lanthanated since I hear that are good .
So thank you Steve I will follow you suggestions .Maybe you can benefit too using
A little magnesium scrap metal as metal protection to electrolysis above the proper
Coolant this might take things further and worry less .( it must be clean and bolted to metal of tank so to create electricity
circuit as in my alumimium tank i showed in picture as outboard engines use it in salty waters or not ).
May be since it is the begging of the year I would like to say a little bit that I have noticed to all and to whom it may concern mostly .My tip is this: aluminium since it
is a soft metal that does not seem to apply to everything, so forced pressure castings
are made with extreme pressure like 150 tons in moulds so when you weld it this does not mean that you will get even close the factory strength so it will be vey week . You may say in well known . Welding rod it applied by gravity only so have in mind this so built enough thickness for extra strength …

Esenti ..
ESENTI

In previous posting in wrote purple change it to pink please, sorry , no matter how careful i am there is always a mistake.
Writing takes a lot of energy and it is very time consuming that's why i avoid writing except for this forum that i thought to make an exception ...{ It is a good practice though to my English and my nerves (to write and spelling ) }
Esenti
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Don't stress mate. I spend alot of time on Facebook and there is some terrible spelling and grammar on there. You are doing very well.

Mick