Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jones318
    Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 pm

32 year's old and have decided to attend welding school.It starts in May and am pretty excited for the oppurtunity to learn the trade/art.I don't know any welder's personally so I figured this would be a great place to network and learn.I'm a daisy fresh rookie whose only knowledge consists of what I've learned through books and youtube over the last couple of months.Any suggestions on what I could start learning now to get ahead of my class or anything that would get me on the right path would be appreciated.Thanks guys.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum :D
Your at the right place, feel free to ask any questions.... ;)
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Jones.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome "rookie" You found a great place to help with problems you run into at school. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get the answer you need but someone will always help around here.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

jones318
    Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome,fellas.Looks like I'm going to be starting school monday instead of May.Met with the instructor today and I believe I've made the right decision in attending his program.He's a certified welding inspector and instructor with the "AWS" with 40 years of experience in the field.He told me he put's alot of emphasis on blueprint reading which I think will pretty well come in handy.I've been reading books and watching Jodi's videos the last couple of months as well as checking in here which has been really helpful,so I'd like to thank you guy's for sharing/posting which helps rookies like myself learn a thing or two bout a thing or two.