Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
marcie10
    Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm Marcie. New to the Forum, not new to metal fabrication. Started the metal career in 79 @ Electric Boat Quonset Point RI, after growing up in the home building trades working for my father. Moved south to get away from the cold and have worked building oil rigs, production platforms, chemical plants, ships, custom boats, etc, mainly as a fitter. I've worked in Hull, structural, and pipe. Currently working @ Austal USA in Mobile, AL, in Fab building the tri-hull LCS, and have spent time on the JSHV catamarans for the US Navy.
At home I build trikes. First was a rear engine VW trike for a very tall, large disabled man that wanted to get back on a motorcycle. The second, I'm in the process of finishing up and working all the bugs out of it. It's a mid engine trike using a 914 Porsche engine, a gutted VW spacer transaxle with a jackshaft bolted to an adapter that ties to a Porsche 914 5 speed transaxle.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum Marcie ;)

Sounds like you've made your way around the welding world 8-)

Good to have you,

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Hello Marcie!

I too signed on at Quonset Pt. in 79. Also found my way to the south. LOL.
Still welding. (it gets in the blood)

Welcome to the forum! (aka "the hood") ;)
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Marcie.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200