Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

Hey everybody I just acquired a tweco 3in1 welder that does lift arc tig and it didnt come with a tig torch,what all do I need to get to do scratch start? Torch, hose ect...
Zach
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin

I am pretty sure all the tweco 3 in one machines come with built in solenoid valve. And I am guessing it came with a victor reg flowmeter too. So you can either buy the torch from Tweco that has built in options for trigger switch and remote amperage on the torch. Or you have the option of buying any torch you want with a matching dinse connector. Personally I would get a CK 17 with super flex hose and also I would suggest you order a foot pedal when you are able. Lift arc does not really limit you much so you can be very versatile. But not having a foot pedal puts limitations on you. Also you will need the type dinse with a built in argon pigtail. Ck has those too

Best
Jody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zach_T

Thank you for the reply Jody, is there any brand or type of foot pedal you would recommend? I'm still new to tig welding

Ssc makes a nice pedal. It's what Htp sells and I think the ones tweco thermal offer are made by ssc too. It's a wider body than most but I kinda like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zach_T

Thanks again Jody!