General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
BrandonSpringle
    Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:39 pm

So I've been wanting to buy a welding machine. I want one that will do SMAW & TIG.
At my work I use a..

ThermalArc ArcMaster 300 AC/DC Tig and Stick..

I really like how it runs and would love to get one but don't think I can afford the $8000 price tag.

So I was wondering if there is a site or forum that buys, sells, trades welding equipment.
And if there is any welding boxes that will do the same for less.
Thanks.
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/produ ... erpro-256s
http://www.everlastwelders.ca/multipurp ... o-256s.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syiNvWs0kEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17gBGf8k93M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQ5qLsaIQU
BrandonSpringle wrote:So I've been wanting to buy a welding machine. I want one that will do SMAW & TIG.
At my work I use a..ThermalArc ArcMaster 300 AC/DC Tig and Stick.. I really like how it runs and would love to get one but don't think I can afford the $8000 price tag. So I was wondering if there is a site or forum that buys, sells, trades welding equipment. And if there is any welding boxes that will do the same for less. Thanks.
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

I agree on the everlast welders. pretty fully featured, solid, and not near the cost. The torch/cable isn't the best, but that can be replaced.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Everlast 250EX, blueprinted tuned the stock foot pedal, and a Ck flex head with super flex hose,with series 2 and series 3 inter changeable heads suits my needs
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Gizmo
    Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I just bought the Everlast Power Tig 255EXT, I had a 400 lbs. red machine before but it in the back collecting dust the 255EXT is a very nice machine for the money and it has all the bells and whistles not no extra cost also my hydro bill is a lot lower not using the 100 amp fuses now on 40 amp 240V single phase.
Miller Dynasty 400 TigRunner
Miller Invision 352 MPa w/ D-74 MPa Plus
Miller AlumaPower 350 MPa w/ XR Alumafeed Suitcase
Miller XR-Aluma-Pro Push Pull Gun
Miller XR-Aluma-Pro Lite Push Pull Gun
Hypertherm PowerMax 45 XP
CK Worldwide Torches
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I really like my Everlast. Of all places I got it from Amazon.com and it was cheaper than the actual Everlast web site. I strongly recommend them.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I love my PowerTIG250EX. If you call them you can haggle the price a little bit. Their website lists prices but instead of a "Buy It Now" button it says "Make An Offer". Throw them an offer a couple hundred less than what they are asking, or try and knock a larger sum off of a bigger multi unit order. Then tell them you want a water cooled 20 series torch and their aftermarket pedal

--Sam
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

I would buy an Everlast, but after you choose a model, make sure it will do what you want. Sometimes marketing can fudge a little, so you might need to buy one model higher than what you thought, if you were just trying to go by the specs.
BrandonSpringle wrote:So I've been wanting to buy a welding machine. I want one that will do SMAW & TIG.
Thanks.
Airco Heliwelder, model 3A/DDR-224HPA/B-D
LWS Kobalt Helmet / Blue Flame HF
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
Chicken Hammer for Pecking Divots
dareo
    Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:05 am

+1 Everlast. Pretty decent and very affordable. If you can live with scratch start TIG you could get away with a PowerArc 300. I got a cosmetically damaged one on ebay for 300 bucks, it should show up tomorrow. They are under 600 brand new. They have awesome multi process machines too. I have a power pro 164 ac/dc tig + plasma unit that is great. I just needed a bit more amps on stick, so i shopped around for a second Everlast inverter machine. I can leave the 164 setup for TIG or plasma and still have a beast stick welder ready to go.

I wish i paid more and got the power pro 256, but i think the 164+ PA300 will do anything i'l ever need.

If you have plenty of money and plan to get decades of use out of it, i'd step up to a 'Red' or 'Blue' machine instead of a 'Green' one, but i am a happy 'Green' customer.
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

I posted this earlier,

Just to pass along the info:
Anyone looking for deals on welding equipment, new or used should contact Alex: (Tell him where you found the info, he might offer a better deal)

Alex Conway
Branch Manager
Praxair Distribution, Inc.
920 Abbott Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Phone: 831-757-3057

I got a great deal and free shipping!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

If I can remember correctly, I think Alex mentioned on the phone he has some Arcmaster 300's at a really great price, just too much for me, I went with a Dynasty 200DX
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150