Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rone350
    Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:27 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Hello everyone I am new to the site and just wanted to share my experience so far, as I can't seem to find anybody who has the same machine i just received. I preordered an Everlast 210ext at the beginning of May. I expected to recieve the one they had on the website but when I called they told me the new model is dual voltage. Well I recieved it today and sure enough it is dual voltage and it looks more like the 255ext then the 210 and has triangular wave. Now I'm new to welding and currently taking classes so a lot of these features are above my head but I wanted something that I could grow into while learning. I fired it up on 110 only so far, I am limited to 125 amps on 110 but for practicing this has been plenty, I have had great luck it has all worked perfect, they even threw in a bonus wp-9 torch along with the deluxe wp-26. I got the deluxe accessory package and both are flex head which is nice. I will be doing some testing this weekend on 220 and aluminum but so far, for a hobby welder this thing is going to be great. Now I hope I don't turn into one of these horror stories like I have read on here and other sites and hopefully this thing lasts. I will be sure to update if anything happens.I will also try to upload additional photos.
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

That looks like a nice machine. I like the 'gas purge' button.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

I have the 250EX with CK FL150 with both series 2 and interchangeable series 3 head.Will go to 200 amps in short bursts,with cool off time and a "TIG FINGER"
It has surpassed my 250 syncrowave performance

need ear plugs for inverter squeal when taking advantage of focused arc
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm envious of the dual voltage! I bought the 2013 version in February, and I've been very happy with it.

One tip... I helped a guy get started with his 2014 model, and it had a quirk where 4T-style start amps and ramp up were enabled when the pedal was connected - it made for really weird behavior. Setting those values to 0 fixed it for him.

You'll probably find that the barb fitting on the flow meter is for 1/4" line, while the one on the welder's quick-disconnect is 3/16". Your local welding supply can supply the proper sized regulator-side barb fitting.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
rone350

Actually everything fit perfect once I got my tank I was setup and burning in about a half hour. I even got them to throw in a gas lense kit and stubby lense kit and all seems to be of great quality. I was originally looking at this tig and the 200dx because I wanted dual voltage, bit this thing combines the best of both and I am very satisfied, the fan is super quiet on it too. I'm just playing around practicing in the garage today.
Attachments
1404510345568.jpg
1404510345568.jpg (76.38 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm glad it's working well for you.

Post up some pics and reviews, once you have a grip on it, please?

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:I'm glad it's working well for you.

Steve S
I second the review. I have said before, I would like to get a Everlast to see how it works one day.
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:

Steve S
I second the review. I have said before, I would like to get a Everlast to see how it works one day.
-Jonathan
Gambling man aren't you?? :D
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:

Steve S
-Jonathan
At times! :D
-Jonathan

Evertlast products are american speced by real american welders.I got one(250EX) to try out inverter welders. Tricked up the pedal,and added a CK FL150. Convinced me on pluse and frequency adjustment ability. Next is to get one in the 300 pluse amp range. Will sell my 250 syncrowave and the Everlast to upgrade/make room.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
rone350

AKweldshop wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:

Steve S
-Jonathan

Lol I tossed this decision round for a couple months between this and the HTP 221, ROLLED the dice on it and so far so good but time will tell. One of the biggest complaints that I kept reading was the accessories, but the deluxe package is pretty good stuff that I don't look at and think I need to replace it.
Donald A
    Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 am

I received my 210 last week and am getting used to the set-up. The user manual that is provided on the Everlast site is for the older version 210, and the user guide provided with the machine is not very helpful.
Can anyone tell what pushing in the settings dial does? It appears to have no effect?
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

rick9345 wrote:Tricked up the pedal,and added a CK FL150.
I'm curious what you did with the pedal? I too put a CK FL torch on mine, I like it alot :D
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

It used to be an SSC pedal, but they decided to make their own higher fidelity (might be wrong adjective but whatever) pedal. They call it their 'import pedal' from what I remember of my fathers conversation with Oleg after he asked for the SSC pedal. It works good and has a pretty smooth action. Its just longer and narrower than the clamshell square ones that came with the SyncroWave 200s and SquareWave 225 (maybe... they got rid of the Lincoln welders at school 2 years ago) pedals.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Donald A wrote:I received my 210 last week and am getting used to the set-up. The user manual that is provided on the Everlast site is for the older version 210, and the user guide provided with the machine is not very helpful.
Can anyone tell what pushing in the settings dial does? It appears to have no effect?
Hi, Donald.

I think you'll find that pushing the settings dial starts one of the LEDs blinking. Turning the dial then moves the blinking to a different LED like a cursor. Clicking it again allows the value of the highlighted setting to be changed with the dial.

Depending on the mode you are in, some settings will be skipped over. When not in this navigation mode, the dial changes the amps.

Hope this helps,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
rone350

Donald A wrote:I received my 210 last week and am getting used to the set-up. The user manual that is provided on the Everlast site is for the older version 210, and the user guide provided with the machine is not very helpful.

The manual that i received was for the newer version, but agreed it is very basic, I have found that the manual for the Powertig 255 ext breaks down the functions alot better. One thing i was having issues with while on AC was the tungsten balling, but i figured out this morning that Everlast balance control is % EP and not EN like i thought it was, so i was opposite of what i needed to be. Going to give it another go around when i get home. Also pushing the dial while turning will increase the adjustment speed. Hope this Helps

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/sites ... 255ext.pdf
Donald A
    Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks for the tip on the 255 ext manual, it will help.
Wish they would update the manual for the 210.
Drifta-X
    Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 am

Wonder when I can get this new one or the 255 here in australia
I have a soldering iron!

danielbuck wrote:
I'm curious what you did with the pedal? I too put a CK FL torch on mine, I like it alot :D
on mine the on/off micro sw was hanging so enlarged hole for clearance
then adjusted the belt so potentiometer wheel and belt aligned and rolled straight.
then adjusted wheel on shaft to get full sweep 47-0 ohms with 47 just after micro sw turned on
adjusted pedal stop
reduced spring pressure on pedal for better feel
added a heel clip to move arch of foot over the pedal pivot point
put some non slip feet on and widened base
works better than my stock Millers
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

rick9345 wrote:
danielbuck wrote:
on mine the on/off micro sw was hanging so enlarged hole for clearance
then adjusted the belt so potentiometer wheel and belt aligned and rolled straight.
then adjusted wheel on shaft to get full sweep 47-0 ohms with 47 just after micro sw turned on
adjusted pedal stop
reduced spring pressure on pedal for better feel
added a heel clip to move arch of foot over the pedal pivot point
put some non slip feet on and widened base
works better than my stock Millers
Now THAT's making it work for you. I have a few ideas in mind for remotes to use in out-of-position welds where it's difficult to work the pedal.

Always think forward!

Steve S