Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Seaco
    Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:30 am

Hi All

Got the chance of a Cebora Bi TIG 1665 dual voltage TIG welder this will be my first TIG welder and I'm wondering if they are any good as I have no experience of them and obviously anyone selling them says they are fantastic but then again they would?

http://www.gwe-ltd.com/www.gwe-ltd.coms ... 5339&ack=9

Any advice really appreciated... ;)

Lee
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Whatever you do, do not weld like they do in the Cebora videos on youtube. Absolutely Horrid. :o
Seaco

Oscar wrote:Whatever you do, do not weld like they do in the Cebora videos on youtube. Absolutely Horrid. :o
OK but is the welder any good?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Wouldn't be able to tell you, but for that much money, I'd want AC welding capability with pulse.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Oscar wrote:Whatever you do, do not weld like they do in the Cebora videos on youtube. Absolutely Horrid. :o

Where is this video??
Is Mr. Tig demoing it???

Seaco,
That brand of welder isn't sold, or probably used in the US, to my knowledge.
I'm guessing your in the UK??

I'm not sure of US dollars equivalent to 1895eu, so I'm not sure of the price.

Maybe someone who has used them, or is familiar with the brand will speak up.

Good luck.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Seaco

AKweldshop wrote:

Where is this video??
Is Mr. Tig demoing it???

Seaco,
That brand of welder isn't sold, or probably used in the US, to my knowledge.
I'm guessing your in the UK??

I'm not sure of US dollars equivalent to 1895eu, so I'm not sure of the price.

Maybe someone who has used them, or is familiar with the brand will speak up.

Good luck.

~John
Hi John

Sorry yes forgot to say I'm in the UK in dollars it would be $2576new but I'm looking at a second hand one in very good condition for $515, I just needed to know if they are any good really...

Lee
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Seaco - never used that model - but by reputation they're a good machine - not sure if they are still Italian or if they outsource production - for many years they produced welding gear of all sorts - it was often re-branded & sold by familiar names - always seemed reliable - my only query is the price for the spec - not much detail in the link you found -but it seems expensive for what it is - if you have a screaming deal on an ex demo / display one I'd consider it - anywhere near the asking price I'd not entertain it - don't know where you are but the link appeared English - if you are here in the UK then in that price range you will find a deal can usually be had with a Lincoln supplier - if your looking at the cheaper end as we don't don't have HTP or Everlast I'd look at R-tech - they have some affordable machines both just DC way cheaper than the Cebora & some AC / DC about the same or a bit cheaper - what sort of welding do you intend doing & hopefully members can give you some good advice & links to suitable machines.
Seaco

Thanks for the welcome Brian I will mainly be using the welder for steel mild and stainless the aluminium option would be nice but nearly doubles the price, I have been looking at R-Tech and they seem like a really good company with great back up but I saw this Cebora for £300 and thought is that a good one to go for considering it's new price, it's so difficult when your starting out choosing the right one (especially if like me your on a budget).

Lee
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,
$515 usd would be a great price, considering that this is a quality machine.
Is this machine heavily used?? are you able to test it before you buy it??
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian

Hi - looks like we all tried to reply at the same time ! I see you are in the UK - it is difficult to know where to start - if ally is not a high priority for you then it sounds like a pretty good deal - for £300 your not going to find much except unknown Ebay stuff with zero back up - will the seller show you the machine working ? assuming it's all working I expect it will be fine as a first machine - you should be able to sell it on if you outgrow it - the 160amps is likely enough on DC for most needs & the duty cycle looked good - does it have a foot pedal or other remote amp control with it - if not as you intend to do stainless has it got slope down or a 4T setting to allow you some cooling off as you approach the end of a weld ? I lost access to a good machine when the firm folded & the thing I got now has no slope down - it makes life hard doing stainless handrails / tube joints when I can't use the pedal - I been looking at the R-tech AC/DC 250 amp machine as a replacement when money allows.
Seaco

AKweldshop wrote:Hey,
$515 usd would be a great price, considering that this is a quality machine.
Is this machine heavily used?? are you able to test it before you buy it??
No I would not be able to try before I buy but it appears the chap bought it for his brother to teach him to weld but then he emigrated so it didn't get much use...

Couple of pics...

Seaco

noddybrian wrote:Hi - looks like we all tried to reply at the same time ! I see you are in the UK - it is difficult to know where to start - if ally is not a high priority for you then it sounds like a pretty good deal - for £300 your not going to find much except unknown Ebay stuff with zero back up - will the seller show you the machine working ? assuming it's all working I expect it will be fine as a first machine - you should be able to sell it on if you outgrow it - the 160amps is likely enough on DC for most needs & the duty cycle looked good - does it have a foot pedal or other remote amp control with it - if not as you intend to do stainless has it got slope down or a 4T setting to allow you some cooling off as you approach the end of a weld ? I lost access to a good machine when the firm folded & the thing I got now has no slope down - it makes life hard doing stainless handrails / tube joints when I can't use the pedal - I been looking at the R-tech AC/DC 250 amp machine as a replacement when money allows.
To be truthful I don't know if it has up and down slopes please could you look at the images I've included above and maybe tell me if you can work out the front panel?

Lee
noddybrian

Well looking at the pictogram it has 2T / 4T - slope up & down & pulse - I'm not a fan of the touch pad scroll wheel machines - but most are heading that way & once you got the hang of setting it you should be good - plus it will remember settings by the looks - so for the money I would'nt hesitate - my guess you will be very happy with it until you get the urge to weld ally - it certainly looks in good condition - so unless anyone here has a horror story I'd go for it - I don't suppose the guy has a nice bottle of argon to go with it ? - on the bright side Addams are doing 200bar 20 liter now & deliver assuming you can't afford to deal with our robbing bar stewards ( BOC ! )