Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

found this on the interwebs doing a google search

http://www.slideshare.net/MalaiKavya/we ... nd-edition

http://www.slideshare.net/donalsyahrial ... of-welding

highly technical in some parts, but I love reading about this stuff....I know it sorta goes against the "down 'n dirty tricks, not suitable for PhD geeks" philosophy of this website, but it is in the name of welding! :)
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Oscar,
Thanks for posting. Are you telling me you read all 1000 (approx.) pages??? If so you need a life. ;) :lol: JK
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:Oscar,
Thanks for posting. Are you telling me you read all 1000 (approx.) pages??? If so you need a life. ;) :lol: JK
-Jonathan
ppffttt...1000 pages is nothing for a math & physics nerd like me. If I could afford the time, I'd be a university student for the rest of my life, lol. Nothing like studying your brains out endlessly, only to kill those same brain cells on a single weekend of mad drinking lol :lol:
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Oscar wrote:
-Jonathan
ppffttt...1000 pages is nothing for a math & physics nerd like me. If I could afford the time, I'd be a university student for the rest of my life, lol. Nothing like studying your brains out endlessly, only to kill those same brain cells on a single weekend of mad drinking lol :lol:
I get the feeling you two are young but Oscar hit the nail on the head. I have always loved tech stuff and science and always loved to read but I can't believe how much stuff I forget at only age 52. I slowed down my drinking and I still have CRS. My friend who was a teacher says I just have too much knowledge packed away and have trouble finding it but I know he is just being kind.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

jeff
at 68 sometimes finding my keys is new knowledge.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

at 69 my hard drive(brain) is so full I have had to start to delete.
The other day I couldn't remember where I live!
Turned out I accidently deleted it.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

exnailpounder wrote:
Oscar wrote:
-Jonathan
I get the feeling you two are young but Oscar hit the nail on the head. I have always loved tech stuff and science and always loved to read but I can't believe how much stuff I forget at only age 52. I slowed down my drinking and I still have CRS. My friend who was a teacher says I just have too much knowledge packed away and have trouble finding it but I know he is just being kind.
I'm not exactly a spring chicken, I'm 35 going on 20. :)
exnailpounder

I got ya Oscar...My wife says I'm just a child growing older. I just had the time of my life putting pieces of pork roast on a string and letting the dogs figure out why they kept movin about 20 minutes ago. Nothing wrong with being young at heart but your body will catch up but its all good. We are all above ground!
exnailpounder

motox wrote:jeff
craig
:lol: I tend to walk into a room and be damned if I can remember why I am there. Or be involved in a project and set something down 2 feet away and not be able to find it for 2 days....golden years my ass!
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

As a raving insomniac, I frequently read 3-4 hours in the early morning. Technical books are my favorite :geek:
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Good catch ;)
-Markus-
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
motox wrote:jeff
craig
:lol: I tend to walk into a room and be damned if I can remember why I am there. Or be involved in a project and set something down 2 feet away and not be able to find it for 2 days....golden years my ass!
I had this discussion with my doctor just today. I suffer CRS and ADD constantly.

His explanation was simple. We're still running on the same processor we were born with, but it's getting loaded down with files and useless subroutines... We perform mental tasks slower as a consequence, and are more easily distracted by the unneeded subroutines.

Until we can upgrade our processors, we're screwed. Take the slowdown that comes with the overload, and live with it.

I really like my doctor.

Steve S