Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dmallia
    Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 am

I'm looking to buy a TIG welder and I was looking at mainly Miller and Lincoln, but Kemppi seems to have the same specifications like the miller and lincoln but they are a little bit cheaper.

I was looking at the Miller Dynasty 200DX, Lincoln V205-T and the Kemppi MasterTig MLS 2300 AC/DC. I have no doubt both the Miller and Lincoln are great welders, I used my friends Dynasty 200DX and I really like it. I want some review about the Kemppi, not only how they weld but even parts for them. I know miller are great for repairs and in europe there are some repair centres, but did not find anything on Kemppi. The problem is in Malta we don't have any supplier for these machines, so it's very important for me to know if there is any service centre or if parts are available.

Also I would like to know if you still prefer to pay more to get a miller/lincoln or save some money and buy the kemppi.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Kempii are very good. Very popular in Europe and Australia
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Hi and welcome.
Make sure you get a quote for a package ready to weld.

You buy the front panels separately so it might not be included in the price on the machine.

The MLS is about 2100 euro here for just the machine, no torch, panel, nor cables.

The ACX panel is another 700
ESENTI
    Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 am

dear dmallia , there is not time for mistakes buy the miller which has the additional separation for different amperes in positive and negative. You dont buy every day a new machine and why to compromise with less . Im in Greece and i have fronius magic wave 2300 . I was close to buy a miller but i chose fronius.
gnabgib
    Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:55 am

If you're in the US then Lincoln or Miller. I have a Kemppi Mastertig, so slightly biased and when looking I was thinking of getting the Lincoln mainly for the single and 3 phase function alone but couldn't justify the additional $1000 odd here in Australia. The Kemppi also has a higher welding amperage(230) and better duty cycle than the other 2. I've had mine for 5 years and it has been faultless so far but doesn't get a lot of use.
taz
    Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

I have a Kemppi MasterTig MLS 2300 AC/DC with the ACX panel.
As it was already said it has a higher output than the Miller and Lincoln and a lot better duty cycle.
It also has a few more features the others don't have (eg Mix Tig) but almost every machine will have some features the others don't have.
As far as quality goes it is at least as good as the red and blue. There are a lot of welding machines not available in the US that are at least in the same level as far as quality is concerned compared to Miller and Lincoln. Some brands that come to mind are Kemmpi, Fronius, EWM, Lorch, Rehm. However since the majority of forum members comes from the US it is normal that they are more familiar with these to brands plus they get much better service from them. I know that if I were based in the US I would choose either Miller on a Lincoln.

How difficult is it to ship things to Italy or France? Both of these are big countries with representatives for most welding machines and are close to you.
ESENTI
    Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 am

very true, there is a variety for many reasons . I know Italy has a miller repres. while Greece does not . Italy is close so every body manages through Italy . So this can go fore ever and there is always a strong desire for things you do not get easy .
Just i made my view which is miller to our friend.